Sign in to follow this  
pstrman

Optics

I am going to pick up a new set of binos this year. Price range from $150-300. Kinda looking at Vortex but was wondering what you all use. What power?

are you hunting desert or pines??? If for both then I would get a 10 power. I use vortex but you cant go wrong for the nikon monarch. Great for the price. Someone has one on here for 200, i would jump on it

Yeah, those Monarch 5's are a great deal in the Classified section for $200. It looks like you can get Vortex Diamondback for $199 online right now! Can't go wrong for that price.

Use will be for both desert and pines.

Guess I should have looked and posted this in the classifieds first... sorry

The vortex warranty is hard to beat.

If you can afford them, get the Vortex 10x42 Vipers, definitely one of the finer glasses out there and well worth it. They run around $550 new, but im sure you could get a deal on a pair of used ones. I use the vipers and they are legit. Huge difference going from a pair of diamondbacks to going with Vipers.

I completely agree on the vipers but I went with12x. But I also completely understand not having 600 bucks to spend on glass...snag those monarchs!

what is the hurry, season doesn't open for a few more months, put aside $50 a month until right before your hunt and you will be able to afford better quality, that way you won't look to be upgrading them in a year or two

I say this having given away a couple of pair of "these ain't what I want but will work till I get what I want" bino's

• Like 1

I have vortex diamondback 10x42 and I love them. You will definitely want a harness to keep it close to your body. Never know when your going to crawl.

Not in a hurry, just want a new pair by deer season in August.

Just my .02. I sold the diamond back 10 and went with the vipers. Used them for a couple of months, and then went back to the diamondbacks. I did not see the difference at all and the vipers are about $400 more...

Whitey