makaio333

Pros and Cons of living in Globe

Its not a dump...LOL. It is really a beautiful town. I have lived here all my life (34 years) and can tell you, you will fit right in. There is not much for the kids to do but head out into the hills and camp or head to the lake. I love raising my kids here because I want them to have an outdoor type life. I have the kids out every weekend enjoying the outdoors, If not we are at the local archery or rifle range shooting. So there is Archery, Gunclub, 4H (THAT is a big one around here), ect you know REAL family time together. The movies is another idea or walmart if all else. We have a new OUTDOOR shop 4B Shooting Supplies right next to my store Mathesongas. The schools are great here. The Destiny school got the highest I believe in state for the AIMS testing (or some testing). The theft is not bad it just depends on the neighbor hood. I have NEVER had anything stolen in Globe (knock on wood). If you are from a small town you will love it BUT if you are from a big town (phx, mesa, ect) you will not like it. I would NEVER live in phx area just because I can not stand the traffic plus I can be in the hills in 5 minutes, be at work in 3 minutes, and be on the other side of town in 5 minutes. I cna't imagine taking hours to get to work everyday but thats me. Some love that. Find you a good neighborhood and you will have no problems. Don't be afraid to ask about the hood with other respectable neighbors they will give it to you straight. Heck I still walk into circle k with my car unlocked and running. always have. Plus like safford you don't have kids running around like unleashed mormons trying to defy their parents wishes like you do in safford..(my sister went to college there so I know how it use to be)

• Like 2

We love living in Globe....as you mentioned it is close to lots of great hunting/camping/fishing. If your family likes to camp, it will be easy to get out for a quick overnight or weekend.

There are lots of places to buy or rent, just do a google search for Globe AZ real estate and you can check out lots of houses. There is a really cute one for sale by owner that I saw the other day. Not a large house, but looked nice and had nice yard. I can get that phone number for you if you like. Depends on what you are looking for.

The Globe Arts Center is nice and has some nice events throughout the year. The community center is nice with parks and a pool for the kids out by Besh Ba Gowah archaeological park. In addition to great Mexican food, Globe is known for great antiques stores...maybe your wife would like that.

We enjoy Globe, but it's getting more crowded all the time. With more people comes more traffic, more development, and more crime. Luckily we are surrounded by public land, so it's easy to get out to enjoy great scenery and wildlife.

Amanda...did you forget to mention the Boyce Thompson Arboretum?

Where are the Tweakers worse? Safford or Globe? That makes a big difference. Before I left Az. 3 Years ago, every town had a problem from what I hear. New Mexico too. If You don't think so You are blind!. Both towns are beautifull and I will consider moving there when I come back to AZ. to retire .I will or would talk to LE. depts. also to check that status..........BOB!

• Like 1

Pine Donkey, the Arboretum is in Superior, about 40 min drive from Globe.....it certainly is a nice place, but I don't consider it local. However, now is a great time to go visit the Boyce Thompson Arboretum...I was there recently and the wild flowers and birds are amazing right now. Great place for a family picnic....if you don't know it they have a nice area where families can have picnics as well as lots of trails to walk and wonderful plants to see. Google it to find directions.

Last time i was there the giant bluegill in the pond were killing me, all i could think about was watching a bobber dive.

Where are the Tweakers worse? Safford or Globe? That makes a big difference. Before I left Az. 3 Years ago, every town had a problem from what I hear. New Mexico too. If You don't think so You are blind!. Both towns are beautifull and I will consider moving there when I come back to AZ. to retire .I will or would talk to LE. depts. also to check that status..........BOB!

I would guess Safford is worse. As long as you shy away from having a full array of DeWalt power tools you should be ok, DeWalt is like tweaker currency.

• Like 2