Wrk2Hnt

Finished fake rock.

Finished this a couple weeks ago. Thinking about making more for other areas in the house and around some of the mounts. What you guys think? Criticisms and ideas welcome.

post-12261-0-84183200-1397521248_thumb.jpg

Ya, the cactus is the only thing i don't like. It's kinda waxy so i think i'm going to sand it and paint it lighter for a more natural look. I'm trying to figure out better ways to make these things since it takes so long to make one. I used styro foam for the base but its difficult to paint because it melts. I'll have to take some pictures of the complete process to post up so you guys can try and see if anyone can find a better way to make them. It's a pain in the butt process but it saves lots of money and i think they would look cool to make some smaller rock piles to hang up around some of the shoulder mounts.

The paint you used, was is oil based or latex? I can see the oil based doing that with the styrofoam.

I like it. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Looks pretty dang cool! Was thinkin maybe for the cactus you could use a real prickly pear. One that's dead already and just paint it? Or maybe some snake wood?

That looks really good, nice job. Why the tag? The cactus needs some work. Thanks for sharing your project.

That looks really good, nice job. Why the tag? The cactus needs some work. Thanks for sharing your project.

I bought that cactus from a taxidermy supply company to see how it looked but I'm not too impressed. I'm thinking about using some dead prickly pear and either dipping it in clear plastic or spraying it with clear coat. Not sure if it will work. As far as the tag..........the last few years I just keep them on the antlers.......not really sure why.