Sign in to follow this  
Guest wdenike

NO PROBLAMS HERE???

I will input my two cents here....I believe if we had a government run by the people (which our founders intended it to be) and not the professional politicians which we have today, things would be different. They push gun control, Obama care, etc. on us, we push term limits on them! They work for us not the other way around! Bundy was in the wrong not paying (if I don't pay the electricity bill....they shut the power off! Very simple) but the rabbit hole is deeper than that. It comes down to political agendas from corrupted politicians. Together we as the people need to stand up, speak up, and demand terms for these people! End of story! Just a thought, but in my opinion this is one of the major steps to improvement.

Please read and listen to this and then do some fact checking yourself to confirm what I've posted.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/nevada.asp

Here is where Glen Beck interviewed Bundy.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/04/14/nevada-rancher-i-did-not-graze-my-cattle-on-united-states-property/

Edited by azgutpile

My grandparents send me emails fact checked by "snopes" all the time....

• Like 2

For those of you that still think this is just about "paying your bills", I'm sure you're happy about paying into Obamacare too because it's the law.

I'm sure you will also be more than willing to give up your personal retirement accounts to the government when Obama passes "MyRA". Afterall, it will be the law. **BTW, if you don't know what MyRA is I suggest you google it. Obama wants to seize your IRA's and 401K's so the government can "reinvest" it for you.

When Bloomberg banned soda, salt and transfats in NYC would you have complied like sheep just because it's the "law"?

When Fienstein takes your guns will you comply because it is the "law"?

Just because it's a law, doesn't make it American or Constitutional. Afterall, Obamacare wouldn't even exist right now if the NSA didn't have dirt on Justice Roberts and the affair he was having. They blackmailed him for a vote for Obamacare. Roberts sold out the American people because he couldn't keep his d1ck in his pants. Corruption.... And I'm tired of it.

The American people now pay more in taxes than they do for food, housing and clothing combined.

I agree with some things that are said on this forum, but some things just sound like complete paranoia! :D "Obama wants to seize your IRA's and 401K's so the government can "reinvest" it for you." Do you really believe that??? :blink: Seriously man, how do you make the jump to "seizing IRA's and 401K's....."??? How do make that correlation?

S.

:)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/31/will-obama-proposed-retirement-account-plan-muster-bi-partisan-support/

• Like 1

Haven't you heard? King Obama, and Den Mother Michelle, think they know what's best for us and our children.

Washington D.C, is control freak central.

President proposes T-bills for IRA and 401(k)s

(Tea Party) – Anytime you hear the government say they want to help you manage your retirement savings , run in the other direction.

WND reported that the Obama administration had been looking for a creative way to finance the trillion dollar annual budget deficits. One of the creative solutions was to force private citizens who hold IRA and 401 (k) accounts to purchase Treasury bonds by mandating that government-structured annuities be placed in their retirement accounts.

It was also reported that hearings were held jointly by the US Department of Labor and the Treasury Department to determine whether government lifetime annuity options funded by US Treasury debt should be required for IRAs, 401 (k)s and other private retirement accounts.

Now those “creative solutions” for snatching US citizens dollars are drawing closer.

President Obama just announced in his State of the Union address that there is a new initiative to allow first-time savers to build their savings in Treasury Bonds. Eventually these bonds would be converted to traditional IRAs and 401(k)s. This new retirement savings plan is for those workers whose employers do not offers IRAs or 401(k) plans.

It may not be as burdensome as demanding a select percentage be invested in US Treasury bonds but it is clearly a step in that direction by the Obama administration.

Why are they making this move? With the enormous federal budget deficits the Obama administration has run up—about $1 trillion dollars every year since 2009—and the Federal Reserve announcing the “tapering” of Quantitative Easing by buying $10 billion a month less in government debt every month this year until QE hits zero, well, someone has to pay for it by buying all the Treasury debt Obama and his administration plan to issue. Where do they look? To the people naturally.

Americans have put $19.4 trillion into retirement savings and that seems like ripe pickings by the government. In January 2013 the US Consumer Financial Protection Bureau suggested it should help Americans manage those trillions.

“That’s one of the things we’ve been exploring and are interested in terms of whether and what authority we have,” said bureau director Richard Cordray in an interview with Bloomberg.

The Treasury and Labor departments, under the direction of the Obama White House, have increasingly pushed for this type of investment theory. This is because government bonds carry a sovereign guarantee against default. Therefore, funds from a 401(k) or an IRA placed in a Treasury R-Bond would for the most part be considered a government annuity. That annuity would pay the person retiring a lifetime income, no matter how the stock market or bond market performs independently.

And the government’s argument? Investors in IRAs and 401(k) plans lost principal from their retirement savings when the housing bubble burst and the Dow plummeted from a high of 14,164.53 in 2007 to a closing low of 6,547.05 in March 2009.

According to Fidelity Investments, estimated average fund balances in 401(k)s in the approximately 11 million accounts the firm manages dropped from $69,200 at the end of 2007 to $47,500 at the end of March 2009.

But when the stock market rally began in March 2009, the account balances of those Fidelity 401(k)s increased 28 percent. The average account balance at the end of the third quarter 2009 was $60,700—up from the low of $47,500 at the end of the first quarter 2009.

Most IRA and 401(k) investors have registered substantial gains with the Dow in an extended rally since 2009, going up over 16,000 points.

But if the stock market should tank again, anyone with retirement savings in IRSs, 401(k) plans invested in the stock market could take a huge hit and it could take years to recoup the losses.

Could the US follow Argentina’s failing path?

Sadly, those saving for retirement in other nations that carry high debt who have insisted that such savings be put into government debt have fared very poorly. They took huge losses as the debt crises in these nations worsened and bond markets began selling the debt at serious discounts.

In October 2008, Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, business and economics editor for the Telegraph of London warned that G7 nations may begin following Argentina in forcing privately managed pension funds to be invested in government-issued debt. He specifically included the United States in his statement.

Those private pensioners in Argentina holding government debt in their retirement accounts could not be assured that those bonds would have any meaningful value at their maturity since the Argentine peso was devalued to 29 cents on the dollar.

“Here is a warning to us all,” wrote Evans-Pritchard. “The Argentine state is taking control of the country’s privately managed pension funds in a dramatic move to raise cash.”

He warned that the G7 states “are already acquiring an unhealthy taste for the arbitrary seizure of private property, I notice.”

“It is a foretaste of what might happen across the world as governments discover that tax revenue,” he continued.

The Obama administration is desperately trying to find additional ways to sell government dept cheaply and not raise interest rates since the Treasury needs another $1.4 to $1.5 trillion in new debt to finance the anticipated budget deficit.

Poland confiscated one-half of all its citizens’ private pensions in a effort to cut the nation’s debt, according to a September 2013 report in WND. At that same time Reuters also reported that the Polish Prime Minister, Donald Tusk announced that the government decided to transfer to ZUS, the government pension system, all bond investments in privately owned funds within the state guaranteed system.

The Polish government has – for the time being – allowed private citizens to keep equity investments in the state guaranteed pension system that are approximately half of all the private pension investments.

The change will reduce Polish national debt to about 8 percent of the gross domestic product, according to Polish Finance Minister Jacek Rostowski , and allow the government to resume another round of debt creation by borrowing in international markets.

By nationalizing the bonds held by Polish citizen private retirement accounts—or confiscating as the case may be—the government can circumvent two threshold restrictions that deter it from allowing debt to head up over 50 percent of GDP. A second threshold kicks in when Polish national debt reaches 55 percent of GDP.

This shifting of bonds held in private retirement accounts into ZUS means the government can book the assets on the state balance sheet to offset public debt. This move allows the government to borrow and spend more, reports Reuters.

As is becoming all too familiar in the European Union, Poland is dealing with slowing economic growth, a poor job market and declining tax revenues. The country has been forced to borrow to maintain its large social welfare system without imposing austerity measures.

Shock and dismay was the international reaction in the private investment market.

Poland’s plan comes after a similar move by the Mediterranean island of Cyprus where the government confiscated 10 percent of the amount in all bank accounts in an attempt to raise 6 billion Euros. This was done to meet a condition set by international bankers and the International Monetary Fund to finalize a Eurozone bailout.

- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/obama-1-step-closer-seizing-retirement-accounts-33770/#sthash.3asS1OvB.dpuf
  • Like 1

Huh?? I'm finding it hard to understand the basics of a MYRA account through all of the Tea Party babble in that article...... ;)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2014/03/04/dont-wait-for-obamas-myra-the-best-places-to-save-for-retirement-if-you-make-less-than-six-figures/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/31/will-obama-proposed-retirement-account-plan-muster-bi-partisan-support/

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/29/retirement/myra-accounts/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/30/your-money/obama-orders-creation-of-myRA-accounts.html?_r=0

Seems like it's not a bad way for folks with lower incomes to tip-toe into the Roth IRA ownership arena. Currently it is hard for someone without much money in hand to get their foot in the door for a Roth IRA. After they build-up a balance, it rolls to private sector management.

Don't get me wrong, the MYRA idea isn't necessarily a perfect one but I feel like it doesn't seem too horrible. What could be wrong with trying to help give lower income folks who have a hard time getting into the market with little money they have a way to start saving for retirement? Again, I don't see much negative here. Definitely don't see anything that smells like the government seizing anyone's retirement account.

S.

Seizing may not be the correct overall word, but It is a form of seizure if it becomes law. Just like Obamacare holding the the healthcare system hostage. Buy it, or get fined by the IRS.

This is about a matter of choice, and not having the Fed's ram another law down our throats, and manipulate the retirement accounts of Americans.

I don't want the Fed's in control of my money, or my life .....PERIOD. A lot of folks feel the same way.

If low income people would benefit from MYRA, fine, let them have at it. Or anyone else that may be interested in it

At least give the rest of us the choice of opting out, without being penalized by big brother

• Like 1

Unfortunately I do believe this. 15 years ago I could have told my grandfather that we would have socialized health care, NSA surveillance on Americans, carbon credits for the environment, soda banned, 8+rd magazines banned, ect, ect, ect.... he would have called me crazy too. Look where we are now. You may think im crazy and I could care less, but if you think the idea of government seizing retirement accounts is ludicris, just wait. Already happening in different countries. Why is the idea of MyRA so crazy? Look what they have already gotten away with.

• Like 1

I don't like having laws rammed down my throat either. Unfortunately though, as long as we live in a democracy there are going to be laws that not all people agree with. The representatives that the majority vote into office handle it, and hopefully they vote the conscience of the constituents that put them there. (Again, of course 100% of people will never be happy...... ;) )

That being said, it looks to me like this particular topic will absolutely be a matter of choice. I didn't see anything anywhere near making it mandatory in any of the literature I read on it, either from business news sources or from the .gov site. It says NOTHING about it being mandatory or compulsory, hence no throat-ramming here. You do have a choice. Nothing to 'opt out' of on this plan and no government 'manipulating' anyone's money. ;) Only a new option for folks to save for retirement.

S.

• Like 1

Didn't say I put all my faith in them nor did I certainly say that they have nothing but my best interests in mind. I only said that they have been voted in. This is the way our democracy works..... I try to stay as active as I can in local and national politics and vote my conscience each time. I'm guessing that is what you, Snapshot, and anyone else who is truly interested in our country does.

Anyway, I'm not here to debate that. I simply was responding to the topic of MYRA, and my feelings that it doesn't seem all that negative to me.

Sincere good luck to you in your lack of faith in your representatives also. ;) Hopefully during the next election, whether national or local, you can get your voice heard loud enough to impact the change on things you are looking for.

S.

The government debated healthcare act started out the same way in Washington. It is now a law that forces us to buy sketchy health insurance, or pay the piper, one way or another.

Forced Government retirement accounts......coming soon to a Political theater near you. Guaranteed.

The Fed's also need something to help pay for all the underfunded pensions. They will do it on our dime. They will form another agency funded by taxpayers, and the giant Federal monster will keep on growing,and feeding, off the blood of the taxpayer.

How does the Federal government expect us to save in a retirement account , if a majority of their target audience lives. paycheck to paycheck? Especially if tax increases outnumber cost of living raises.?

Personally, I don't even worry about myself. I am over 50, and lost everything in the recession of 2008. I will never get that back. what I lost, plus a savings account, and social security, would have got me through my Golden years. Unless I win the lottery, my retirement outlook is pretty bleak.