Sign in to follow this  
Jdubbs07

Leftover Luck

So it's 9:00 am and G&F has only been open for an hour. Please tell me i'm not the only crazy one itching to know if I got a leftover tag or no already? Anyways, i'm sure it's a slim chance, but hey it's still a chance. Who else put in for leftovers and what hunts?

They are open 8am-5pm. My app along with many others i'm sure arrived saturday afternoon when they were closed. They check the mail first thing in the morning and start the leftover process then. Any other apps that haven't arrived or are arriving today are too late in my opinion.

Are you sure they had mail delivered on Saturday? It is my understanding (in talking to a friend who is a mail carrier) the USPS does not deliver mail to businesses that are closed on Saturday. I know my company does not have mail delivered to it on Saturday.

• Like 1

SunDevil, I called and spoke to an g&f lady last week and she advised me to mail my app friday before 5pm and so that it would arrive saturday to have the best chances. However, at this point after reading your response I agree more with what you are saying. It does make more sense. it's possible she does not know the mail schedule. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Interesting.... I thought "on or after" clause would elminate anyone from Friday or Saturday and therefore mail delivered today would be the lucky draw winners. If mail has been delivered and they are not open it is still delivered prior to "on or after" the date.

Does anyone know someone that knows someone's friend whom knows?

• Like 1

More than likely the mail is delivered to a lock box on the street. Monday morning it would contain Saturdays mail falling under Bird Dogs scenario; too early.

well I always mail my leftover applications on Friday and have always been successful in getting leftover deer tags.

I always used to mail on Friday, but the year I landed the hardest to pull leftover tag I had mailed it on Saturday. Now that's what I always do. I imagine a pile of mail that came in on Saturday sitting in a box, the mail coming in Monday morning landing on top of the pile at opening time, and the draw people working from the top of the pile. Don't know if that's how it works, but it has worked well for me.

SunDevil, I called and spoke to an g&f lady last week and she advised me to mail my app friday before 5pm and so that it would arrive saturday to have the best chances. However, at this point after reading your response I agree more with what you are saying. It does make more sense. it's possible she does not know the mail schedule. Thanks for the tip.

I was just thinking the same thing last night. I've mailed Friday and Saturday and this year mailed it Saturday. I would think if there mail gets delivered to them Saturday morning it should all be returned to sender on Monday because it's supposed to be on or after Monday and technically it was received before Monday. Not sure how they do it but good luck to everyone and I will post soon with my leftover 5a bull tag haha!

Technically it wasn't received by anyone on Saturday because they aren't open. So I don't think anyone's app should be sent back. If they open the mail box Monday and pull it out that's when they received it.

Why is everyone saying on or "after" Monday? They check the mail on Monday which includes Saturdays mail because they weren't in the office and start pulling envelopes on Monday and finish the draw Monday is what I've been told. So anything after Monday would be too late?

I called game and fish today and they said we should know if anyone got one either tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday

I called just now and didn't pick up a leftover. I asked about the best day to send the app and she said they go to the post office to pick up their mail so doesn't matter if it's sitting at the post office Saturday or Monday. They pick them all up at the same time.