Sign in to follow this  
JJ_Gibbs

Custom Extra Long Range 338 Lapua Magnum

I personally built this rifle for myself the end of last year and have decided to part with it in order to fund some other projects I have going on. I can email or text pictures. Round count is 75 and it will shoot 3/8MOA all day long (off a bipod and rear bag) and weighs roughly 18lbs with optics. I built it strictly as an extra long range elk rifle.

Rifle is as follows:

-Stiller TAC338 w/ pinned .300 recoil lug Fluted Bolt and 20 MOA 8-40 pinned picatinny rail

-Bartlien 9.3 twist 1.350" AMU Barrel

-McMillan Adjustable A-5 fully bedded and barrel free floated (color is McMillan Camo) flush cups and dual front studs

-Badger M5 DBM with (1)LA Lapua CIP Mag

-CSR 4 port Muscle Brake

-Jewel trigger

-Complete barreled action and bottom metal CeraKoted Foliage Green

Bare rifle price is $4500 OBO, if you're interested in a set of Redding Competition dies and brass to go with the rifle I will work out a package deal on all of that as well.

JJ Gibbs (928)486-7063

• Like 2

Jj is good to go, and he sent me the first group he ever shot from this rifle and it is about the size of a gnatsass.

I am sure you can build one lighter than 18# but I guantee you aren't going to enjoy shooting it very much. Recoil on this one is very minimal.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity what's the price per round to throw lead down range with that beast?

If you hand load and use good lapua or Norma brass it's about $1.30 per round. That's reloading the brass 15 times which is more than doable. It's the initial cost of the brass that's hard to swallow.

Let me know what you want for the dies and brass. Send me a pm with pricing if you would. I have a old rifle on the safe that I need to start working on one of these days. Thanks

Sorry but the brass and dies are only available if someone buys the rifle and wants them with it.

Ok let me know if just the rifle sells

I have a 4 y/o boy id throw in for trade :). .... seriously though if I had the dough this would be mine! Good luck on the sale and what an amazing build.

• Like 1

Back up for sale....have all reload data and will still make a package deal with brass/dies

2974 FPS w/ 300gr Berger Elite Hunters, have shot it out to almost 1000 and it's dead accurate

FYI - I have a similar build in 338 Lapua AI and it weighs 19 lbs with scope, bipod, mag, etc. The weight is quite manageable. If I had to do it all over again, I would build it exactly the same. Don't let the weight throw you off. It makes the recoil a breeze.