Sign in to follow this  
Half

Is there any trad shooters kill a lot in AZ?

Just looking arround and I dont see them often, when I do see them I dont see them killing stuff much. Whats up

Anyone have picks?

I think he means are their any successful traditional shooters. Longbow/recurve?

IMO, this website, along with the various other hunting forums out there, represent <1% of the hunters in this state. Just because a successful hunt isn't posted here or elsewhere on the 'net, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

There are many successful traditional hunters out there.

• Like 1

There's at least one member who kills s nice coues every year with traditional gear. I'm sure he'll chime in.

• Like 1

IMO, this website, along with the various other hunting forums out there, represent <1% of the hunters in this state. Just because a successful hunt isn't posted here or elsewhere on the 'net, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

There are many successful traditional hunters out there.

also most hunters I know don't require a kill to consider a hunt successful.
  • Like 4

LOL, Oh boy, Yes is there any successsful traditional shooters. I havent been in the company of any since I came home. I have been shooting a recurve since I was a kid and never changed. I was just looking arround and feel pretty alone. not like the mid west or Alaska where I have lived and always could run into a few dudes. Anybody who is consitent on coues bucks with trad gear is a few steps ahead of me thats for sure.

Guest oneshot

There are a few "trad' Hunters at CWT...

Tag-soup the past two years, but I pass alot of bucks looking for bigger scouted Coues... ( I dont have to kill to have a successful Hunting Season...)

BlackWidow PTF 60" Recurve, 49lbs... 79 P&Y Coues

post-1378-0-89059800-1399471394_thumb.jpg

I think the Midwest people get more opportunities at close shots so they can actually use a traditional bow. Lots off people here have to take 50+ yard shots. I don't think I wanna try that with a recurve

• Like 1

Oneshot do you shoot vanes off of your widow? Do you use a rest? Or high knock point? How do you like shooting a lower poundage bow? I used to shoot 80lbs and then 70 now 60 but I am thinking of going to 50 and I am not excited about losiing trajectory. I still shoot 700 gr arrows and the drop from 80 to 60 was a lot. Do you shoot like a 420 g arrow? how do you like the performance of your rig? on game? how far do you shoot well? sorry I am all questions. Really nice buck by the way!

I know killing doesnt measure success to some.