Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

need bino help please

10X will be a lot easier to hold steady than 12X. Obviously the higher you go up in magnification without putting them on a bipod the more you handicap yourself.

I do have a tripod so thats no issue, I just went out with a buddy last year who had the razor 12x50 and yes I know better glass but man that magnification seemed so different. I guess I'm just trying to see the downside to the so I can decide if I'm justified in the purchase

• Like 1

6my biggest thought is that I'm only a bow hunter and I will only own one pair of binos. That's why I'm trying to decide what ones would be better in that situation

I have the 12x50 razors and find myself using them the majority of the time over my 10x42's. I find that I don't have any problems holding them steady by hand although I prefer the tripod when I can.

I use 10x50 swaro's and love them. The fov you get with the 50's is great.

10x50 is the GOAT size for binoculars. i used some 10x50's swarovskis on a hunt once and they were really enjoyable.

• Like 1

10X40's are a "default" binocular size. I'd tell you to get the 12X50's but hang on to the 10X40's too.

+1 don't get rid of the 10s. I mostly bowhunt too and I have 10s around my neck to use while hiking and for stalks and 15s on the tripod. Especially if you will ever hunt timber you'll want the 10s or even 8s. Tried using 15s on archery elk hunt and they were pretty useless.

Sometimes glassing in the desert I use the 10s to get a different look and FOV than the 15s. I use them both a lot.

I have 7x35 for scanning and close up work (occasionally I find stuff way off to show off). Then use 15s from the tripod. I totally agree with bigorange, some small glass for up close is awesome during the stalk regardless of local.