Sign in to follow this  
MT. CAT

I joined the club!

Well I havent had much time in the field this winter chasin WT's, but I'll be out scouting for javi's on Monday down south in 33. If anyone else will be down hit me up. I'm thinking I might bring down my new bow for the weekend. I've been wanting a bow for about a year now. All my huntin buddies have them, but there right handed so I've never shot one ever. But the new fiance(proposed on X-mas eve) bought me one for X-mas, LH Fred Bear Element, nothing special but I want to attempt to get into archery. So Sunday I took it out to Cabela's to have them get me set up with arrows, adjust draw lenght, poundage, stabilizer, limb savers, and get the sights set for 10 yards. At there range I was pretty on, slapping 3 arrows at a time. So feelin pretty confident after that I shot about 30 arrows on Monday. Then I decided to move out to 20 in the back yard. Got that pin set pretty close but it was getting dark out. So today I come home and shoot another 20 or so arrows. Pins were good. So I took 3 shots @ 10 then moved back to 20. First shot was ok the following 2 were slightly higher. I took one more arrow really take my time, set, relax, and fire one off. WAAACKKKKKKKKK :blink: The oddest sound comes from the target. I slammed 2 arrows into one arrow! Anyone on here done this?

post-1221-1168405376_thumb.jpg

post-1221-1168405440_thumb.jpg

post-1221-1168405549_thumb.jpg

ya done the whole hittin my other arrows thing a buncha times, get sick of shootin off my nocks eventually......even robin-hooded about 4 times...thats a pretty good group for someone who is new to the sport, however....

Welcome my brother, and prepare for many frustrating and futile days in the field that will be well worth it when you finally bag that buck!

Robin Hoods are cool. Guess you can put the Robin Hood on the wall for posterity. Might suggest that you paint five spots on the target and shoot ONE arrow at each spot. Saves on busted nocks, ripped vanes and cracking the knock end of the shaft. Maybe stack some tightened bales on a pallet behind the target to protect your arrow from the fence when that miss occurs, or shoot towards your house which gives a bigger backstop. Would hate to see a gunch launch an arrow over the fence to who-knows-where in the neighborhood. Archery's a lotta fun, even more so with the hunting.

Doug~RR

Nice group for a newbie, even your dog thinks so.............he looks quite impressed.

Mt. Cat:

I'll probably be in 33 not this coming weekend, but the next (1/20 & 1/21). I don't know that area, but have received some pointers on where to look from other guys that tagged out already. PM me if you want someone to wander around & glass with.

I've heard nothing but good about that Element you're shooting. I think it's far above what most people land with as their first bow & will serve you well.

I've Robin Hooded once while sighting in.

Like doug said, paint a few different dots on that target. i had the same one and was aiming at the same place and within 3 day my arrows were blowing thorugh.

congrats! ive come close to that but never done it!

Mattys281 do you work for City of Phoenix Water Production?

Thanks for the tips RR. I'll be buying some bales this weekend. I looked at the back of the chair and noticied 3 small dents where the arrows passed through and hit the backrest. I also plan on painting some orange 3" circle, since I did it agin today. UNBELIEVEABLE! This is no lie 10 arrows today and the 11th one stuck. I promise you all this is my first time ever shooting a bow and I have had no professional lessons.

post-1221-1168479760_thumb.jpg

Mattys281 do you work for City of Phoenix Water Production?

Nope. Work in aerospace manufacturing.

I think you should start shooting from further away from the target, that always does the trick for me when I'm putting my groups too close together...

I think you should start shooting from further away from the target, that always does the trick for me when I'm putting my groups too close together...

was thinkin the same thing, if you can do it past 10 yards, then you are doing something rite.

keep robin hooding those gold tips like you are and it might get a little pricey .

good luck archery hunting and be ready to blow some stocks and have some bucks jump your string