Sign in to follow this  
ciomber

phoenix ponds/golf course fishing

Wondering if anybody has ever fished stonecreek golf club or orange tree? I live near them and iam hoping to find a place up in north phoenix to fish. Not looking to eat any of these fish as you can already figure out-just looking for a short drive to get my fix. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guest oneshot

Some golf courses will allow you to fish them, ask the head grounds keeper about night fishing... Down here the best bass fishing is at the GC's, 10+lbs bass are common, but they dont give out permission anymore... (shhhh parking a friends house along the fairways, hopping the fence, new moon nights are best, stealth fishing at it's best)

The biggest bass I have caught were in golf course ponds. It was good times till you get chased off the course. I would call and ask first

I used to fish, and get chased outta The Lakes in Tempe once a week.great fishing, it was like they had never seen a nightcrawler before! I went 10 bass in 10 casts my first time in there....

• Like 1

Growing up in Sahuarita in the mid 80’s, golf pond fishing was the norm. It involved decoy cars parked in conspicuous spots, black clothes, laying in the low spots when the spot lights were on...good times! The fishing in the summer was usually great, some of the biggest bass I have ever caught. Some nights it was hard to cast without a hit.

A couple years ago I got a call in the middle of the night. It was a police officer from a nearby town. Seems my son was not sneaky enough when he was at a golf pond. I guess I can't complain as that was the only trouble he got into with the law while in high school.

• Like 1

We used to hit the GC lakes along hayden road in scottsdale and killed it. The smaller ponds were always the best. Panther martins and Mepps spinners. would love to try the ponds on the golf course at union hills and the 101. Years ago where the Diamondbacks new fields are off the 101 used to be a golf course. It was closed for a couple of years prior to being bulldozed..the grass was three feet tall and there were a number of tiny neglected ponds. We would hammer them with spinners.( ps...you gotta do it in the dark)

Growing up in Sahuarita in the mid 80s, golf pond fishing was the norm. It involved decoy cars parked in conspicuous spots, black clothes, laying in the low spots when the spot lights were on...good times! The fishing in the summer was usually great, some of the biggest bass I have ever caught. Some nights it was hard to cast without a hit.

A couple years ago I got a call in the middle of the night. It was a police officer from a nearby town. Seems my son was not sneaky enough when he was at a golf pond. I guess I can't complain as that was the only trouble he got into with the law while in high school.

The only reason they caught your son is because you didn't learn him up in the art of stealth properly.

Growing up in Sahuarita in the mid 80s, golf pond fishing was the norm. It involved decoy cars parked in conspicuous spots, black clothes, laying in the low spots when the spot lights were on...good times! The fishing in the summer was usually great, some of the biggest bass I have ever caught. Some nights it was hard to cast without a hit.

The only reason they caught your son is because you didn't learn him up in the art of stealth properly.

Sometimes that dang kid thinks he knows it all and dad knows nothing...he learns slow sometimes.

Guest oneshot

I used to fish, and get chased outta The Lakes in Tempe once a week.great fishing, it was like they had never seen a nightcrawler before! I went 10 bass in 10 casts my first time in there....

I can beat that, 5 casts for 5bass over 10lbs at &^Country club in GV...

Kinda funny to see all the folks that found out, and fished the golf courses... If you have a fishing licence and are doing catch and release, most cops wont jam you up... but you do risk a trespassing ticket..

Guest oneshot

Growing up in Sahuarita in the mid 80’s, golf pond fishing was the norm. It involved decoy cars parked in conspicuous spots, black clothes, laying in the low spots when the spot lights were on...good times! The fishing in the summer was usually great, some of the biggest bass I have ever caught. Some nights it was hard to cast without a hit.

hehehe PineDonkey same deal with me (except the late night call), weak battery flashlights cupped in the hands to re-tie, parking down in the river bed, dodgeing the patrols, it did get more real after all the Pro-Shop break-ins, stepped up patrols, trespassing tickets(never caught myself)...

There is a pond near the airport, steep banks and chain linked all around, years ago it had a giant opening, monster bass and tilapia.Dont think its accessible anymore,its still there.

There is a pond near the airport, steep banks and chain linked all around, years ago it had a giant opening, monster bass and tilapia.Dont think its accessible anymore,its still there.

That's a private pond owned by some baseball players. It does have HUGE Bass, but also HUGE fines if your caught fishing it. They patrol the lake on a regular basis. I used to have contact info for the lake, but no longer do. I fished it one time with the owner. It sucked that day, but I did see the largest Bluegill I've ever seen.

Adam

that's a private pond and the owner charges or splits the fees with the "PRO" that takes clients to.

it was on the cover of arizona hunter and angler one year. I think he took one of the coyotes players... captain coyote to be exact.

rumored to have 10lb bass and 5lb blueguil.... I've seen pics!

urban fishing..... good times!

dobson ranch use to be awesome... kicked out many times! night time buzz baits what a blast!

James