Sign in to follow this  
ciomber

phoenix ponds/golf course fishing

Rancho Manana in Cave Creek was a good one when I was younger, but I have not been out there in a long time.

Maybe a little off topic, I've hit a few CC ponds for fishing as well, but when I started learning to bowhunt, my buddy and I would walk the golf courses around Tucson shooting rabbits. It was always kinda like we were hiding out from range master and trying not to freak out the old ladies, but around sundown, it was a target rich environment.

hit the 2 in my neighborhood, didnt get any bites. it doesnt make any sense, i figured theyd be good. i saw some little tiny tilapia but no bass. through drop shot, if they were in there they should have bit.

There is a pond near the airport, steep banks and chain linked all around, years ago it had a giant opening, monster bass and tilapia.Dont think its accessible anymore,its still there.

That's a private pond owned by some baseball players. It does have HUGE Bass, but also HUGE fines if your caught fishing it. They patrol the lake on a regular basis. I used to have contact info for the lake, but no longer do. I fished it one time with the owner. It sucked that day, but I did see the largest Bluegill I've ever seen.

Adam

There might be holes in that fence. I have lunch there and see a few who fish it.

I did some work on the roof of one of the industrial bldgs to the south of the pond last year. While on the roof i saw a guy trying to get through the fence. It took him awhile but he finally found a hole in the fence.

hit the 2 in my neighborhood, didnt get any bites. it doesnt make any sense, i figured theyd be good. i saw some little tiny tilapia but no bass. through drop shot, if they were in there they should have bit.

Royal palms! Holes 4 and 6.

• Like 1

Anybody ever fish the river bottom under the 202?

Tucson National golf course, at night, you can park at the ymca across the street and slip across the road through the cdo wash. only problem is there are a lot of houses and the sheriffs department is close by but the fishing rocks.

ya, its money dude. tons of 4-5lbers. just watch out for the indian cops.

It was top notch a couple years ago and probably still holds plenty of fish, but they did fill in a good portion of previously non-wadable water within the last couple years.

It was top notch a couple years ago and probably still holds plenty of fish, but they did fill in a good portion of previously non-wadable water within the last couple years.

I think that spot was on a fishing show before. Anyways every time I've fished a GC. Pond the bass hit anything that moved. I would usually catch a small bluegill with corn then throw him on my hook and catch the big bass at least 50 lb ers. Lol at least they felt that big as a kid

I fished it a long time ago and it was the best fishing in the state! i caught several 4-5 pounders on sinkos and lizards. And i usually caught a good catfish or two. i haven't been back in there in forever, but every time i drive over i think about going ninja style and trying it again...
  • Like 1

I fished it a long time ago and it was the best fishing in the state! i caught several 4-5 pounders on sinkos and lizards. And i usually caught a good catfish or two. i haven't been back in there in forever, but every time i drive over i think about going ninja style and trying it again...

My name is on "the list" so I haven't gone back since they started filling it in - at one time there was a young Tempe parks guy that was quite the sneaker.. I felt stupid I was busted by him but he waded in the water to find me so I guess I have to give him his "ninja style" credit as well!

and btw, that was one of only a few places in the state I've caught on a 10" senko.. Great fishing!

You're all a bunch of poachers :lol:

......now let me tell you about the time I accidentally drove my Camaro onto the 49'ers Country Club golf course in the middle of the night. :rolleyes: I was wondering why the road was so narrow.

Royal palms! Holes 4 and 6.

Haha, I know this spot all too well. I fished it a ton back in my teenage years in the 90's. My best friend's backyard was right by the green on #4. Right out the gate to fish and right back in when we saw the security heading our way. Anything you threw would produce a bass almost every cast.