No he said an open reed call.

An open red call is one where the reed is exposed on a tone board. Tone board leads into the barrel of the call. There are literally hundreds of open reed call on the market today from old wooden ones in the 60's all the way to the hundreds of plastic mold injected ones you can find at Bass Pro. Very few open reed call do anything new or innovative. I believe I called in my bear with an open reed Critr Call Peewee made by Major Boddicker. I was just curious if he is using some old school call he has had forever or if it was a newer call.

Very good read of an awesome hunt! Huge congrats on your called in, archery bear. Quite an accomplishment indeed.

I called it a "no name" open reed call because the logo rubbed off. It is about 8 years old and 4 inches long. with a 2.5 inch exposed reed. It is NOT one of favorite calls. It was my third choice call on this trip, which is why I was using it on stand number three. I generally use 2 or 3 different calls per stand and switch them up every 10 minutes or so.

Nice job!! Big congratulations to you and a great write up. Glad to see you we're able to get it done.

Guest 300ultramag.

thanks for taking the time to share. nice work with your archery gear

I called it a "no name" open reed call because the logo rubbed off. It is about 8 years old and 4 inches long. with a 2.5 inch exposed reed. It is NOT one of favorite calls. It was my third choice call on this trip, which is why I was using it on stand number three. I generally use 2 or 3 different calls per stand and switch them up every 10 minutes or so.

Post a picture of it please.

Here are some of the calls I usually take with me for bear. I am always changing them up, but have been using the first four on the left most predominately over the past decade. I have called bear in with all of them except for numbers 5 and 8 from the left. The fourth from the left is what scored for me this year, and numbers 1 and 3 called my two bears in last year. Closed-reed and open-reed work equally well for me, you just need to put the drama and effort into them.

I am a sucker for buying calls that have "bear" in their description, and am always willing to try something new. Number 5 has been my biggest disappointment in that regard. Good luck!!

post-4429-0-74414800-1403153407_thumb.jpg

Here are some of the calls I usually take with me for bear. I am always changing them up, but have been using the first four on the left most predominately over the past decade. I have called bear in with all of them except for numbers 5 and 8 from the left. The fourth from the left is what scored for me this year, and numbers 1 and 3 called my two bears in last year. Closed-reed and open-reed work equally well for me, you just need to put the drama and effort into them.

I am a sucker for buying calls that have "bear" in their description, and am always willing to try something new. Number 5 has been my biggest disappointment in that regard. Good luck!!

congrats on your success!

the green call looks like a call I have made by woodwise....... not sure if they still mak it or not.

called in my first bobcat with that call.

James

James, you are correct. There are some raised letters on the black part of the call that seem to spell "woodwise."

From left to right-

1. 2 parts from different calls? Tone board resembles a primos call.

2. Weems call?

3. Circe single reed

4. ? Circe something

5. Woodwise open reed

6. Tally Ho

7. Critr Call- standard

8. Verminator something or other

From left to right-

1. 2 parts from different calls? Tone board resembles a primos call.

2. Weems call?

3. Circe single reed

4. ? Circe something

5. Woodwise open reed

6. Tally Ho

7. Critr Call- standard

8. Verminator something or other

Haha hyper predator hunt much. Lol. Where's the cat avatar you rock on AHT