Thegrayghost

Bear trophy

So here is my 21 1/16 inch bear. My brother just finished bleaching it. A friend of mine gave me the wood mount and here is the finished product. My first thought was to bronze the skull. What do you guys think. Should I leave it the way it is or bronze the skull??

post-5570-0-45278700-1403501171.jpg

• Like 2

There is no way I would ever dip that skull in anything. that is an awesome presentation the way you have it. I may have to build something similar for my bear. Congrats on a BRUTE!

• Like 3

I agree with Flatlander, it's awesome just the way it is. Very cool plaque as well. Does your friend make plaques as a hobby or for sale? I'd be interested in having some made if he's interested.

Do you have a field photo of your bear and a story of your hunt?

I agree to that looks great and I love that AZ shaped plaque

Now that gives me an idea. You ask for our opinion so here's mine. Although your skull mount looks awesome I think the skull would stand out even more so if the wood was darker like maybe walnut. Thanks for sharing! :)

TJ

• Like 1

Couestraker check the story in the bear forum I think it's under state record and scroll down to my post. As for the plaque, it was given to him and he didn't need it. But I do know a guy who can make them. Let me know what you need and I can let him know and see if he is interested in making some for you.

That's a good bear. No way in the world I would ever dip it. Never. There's nothing better than a solid job of european.