Sign in to follow this  
mpriest

Best Tires

Looking at a new set of tires for my truck. It is my everyday driver as well and my hunting vehicle. I'm looking for something that will give me good traction on dirt roads and have good tread life on the paved ones. What are you guys using?

I was very pleased with the Yokohamas I had on my previous truck. Very quiet ride on paved road for an all terrain tred.

I've been running BFG all terrains on my every day driver/hunting rig the last 5 years and couldn't be happier.

X2

I've been running BFG all terrains on my every day driver/hunting rig the last 5 years and couldn't be happier.

These are my top choice right now but I have heard that the tread life isn't as good as they claim. What kind of mileage do you have on yours and what's your tread life like.

I have BFG All Terrains on my Toyota Tacoma. They have 32000 miles on them and still have over half of the tread left. Great snow tires, not that great in mud. They throw every rock in the road into your paint job.

I have the Goodyear Wrangler Authoritys on my 2005 Jeep Wrangler. I got them from Walmart, but had to have them mounted at Firestone because they were not the exact same size as the stock tires. I've been very happy with them. I've got about 4 years and around 40K on them. I am ready for a new set, but am trying to stretch it out till the end of summer.

I have some Cooper Discover AT/3's. Handle really well, 50,000 mile warranty on them, and doesn't break the bank.

BFG's are always on the top of the list. The Pro Comp's I had two sets ago are still at the top of my list. They road great on and off road and held up really well.

The General Grabber's keep getting rave reviews in a lot of articles but they are pricey as well.

I've run BFG ATs for almost twenty yrs. I normally get about 40,000 miles a set. The tire size I run along with the TPMS sensors on my new truck, I was for forced to go with a new tire or downsize the BFGs. I went with the Toyo Open Country w a 50,000 mile warranty. They have good reviews and seem to be well liked by people I've talked to.

One of my favorite things about my BFGs is it seemed like no screw or nail on the planet could cause a flat, only a very slow leak. Being in construction I had more than my fair share of punctures. My only complaint would be the BFGs "chunk out" quite easily while 4 wheeling on rocky roads.

Bfg's on my Tacoma and 1/2 ton gmc. Both lasted over 55k. Just replaced the Tacoma this year and put 2 rears on the gmc. We live where we use 4hi everyday to get to and from work and have freeway miles too.

Toyo a/t, I've done the BFG and I've done the Goodyears and most other big names. Hands down my favorite are the Toyo a/t. Great tread and not noisy on the pavement.