nhunter84

bear pic from the fall

Decided to share a pic of a bear i caught while out lion hunting late last fall. There was snow/frost in the trees but the ground was bare. Anyways the dogs started trailing up this canyon going really slow but steady gaining speed and making progress. Eventually we came to where a couple headers came together and all the pack went one way and my jagd male went the other. Eventually the pack made a big loop and got onto the trail my terrier had taken. The gps was showing the terrier treed and as the other dogs got there the signal switched to treed for them. My dad brother and I hustled the mile over to the dogs and saw this.

post-3003-0-97262400-1404068632_thumb.jpg

post-3003-0-10954100-1404068739_thumb.jpg

Great looking bear! Looks awesome with the snow.

Still a rush! Happen to myself in may my young dog started running like it was a deer chase but after my older dog ran it too I let them go did a.small loop in the old plott put 250 pound sow in the tree was a fun day!! Thanks for sharing

Very sweet! I was expecting multiple pictures from you!

Man that's got to be one of the best back drops and contrasts I've ever seen! Ive never seen bears in tree with a Snow dusting. Calendar worthy for sure lol

Wow that's a nice bear. I've shot a bear calling, and sitting water but never with dogs. Sure would love to try it someday!!

That's a nice bear for this part of NM but bears on the western side of the state and in parts of AZ get quite a bit bigger. I guessed him at about 6.5 feet.

That snow dusting on the fir looks awesome. Great pics