Ladies and gentlemen,I do this yearly as a public service so don't take offense...please get your archery gear in order now,dont wait much longer as most shops are getting busy...the busier they get,the longer the backlog..string/tune ups usually take a day to 2 weeks depending on availability of parts and strings so don't get mad because you waited since January until the last 2 weeks before season to do something about your setup....it has been a nice uptrend to see a lot more people started this a month ago and hope that trend continues...on that note- how far out do most of you hold off to start the annual tune up of your equipment? Just taking a rough poll to see peoples thoughts....Thanks in advance- Nate

• Like 3

Guest oneshot

I shoot my recurve year round so I'm always good-to-go, I was going to make some changes this year, heavy head/overall arrow weight, and a fixed single pin sight, but an injured finger put that idea down(not able to shoot my bow for about 8weeks)... I want at least a year in advance to work on any changes...

I like to shoot year round,but this year I have been so busy...I am just now starting to shoot broadheads at distance so I am practicing what I preach myself...I am way behind the curve in my opinion....seeing a lot of shoulder injuries this year too....hope everyone gets a chance at something to put on the table!!

Been shooting at least twice a week since I found out I drew a bull tag.

I was in Ross a couple weeks ago and they fixed me right up. First time in there and I was pleased with the service.

• Like 2

Good reminder...thanks for posting. I wait longer than I should most years except for years I've drawn elk, but so far have been lucky and everything has stayed consistent from January. That said, I'm probably due for a new string (maybe one more season) and switching to a heavier head so need to get to the range more often. Started shooting a couple weeks ago, but not regularly enough. Work getting in the way!

Big O- sorry to hear you have what us archers call a problem..." a Job" haha.......a lot of people ask how often to switch strings...I go through a set once a year,but manufacturers will tell you at least every 2 years.....the strings are under hundreds of pounds of pressure and its just a recommendation-depends on how often you shoot....I have seen way overdue strings cause some nasty injuries...glad to see my reminder is helping...I don't want to see anyone get hurt or wound an animal because of procrastination.....

• Like 1

Been shooting pretty much every day, haha. Will probably be coming in to chat and make sure everything is in order.

Ladies and gentlemen,I do this yearly as a public service so don't take offense...please get your archery gear in order now,dont wait much longer as most shops are getting busy...the busier they get,the longer the backlog..string/tune ups usually take a day to 2 weeks depending on availability of parts and strings so don't get mad because you waited since January until the last 2 weeks before season to do something about your setup....it has been a nice uptrend to see a lot more people started this a month ago and hope that trend continues...on that note- how far out do most of you hold off to start the annual tune up of your equipment? Just taking a rough poll to see peoples thoughts....Thanks in advance- Nate

Thanks for the heads up man! I am glad that I came in today and got my bow all squared away. Would have been bad news finding out about that module in the field.

This is exactly why I posted up...if that module would have came all the way out.....it would have been a deal breaker for the hunt...just glad you brought it in and caught it ahead of time....

• Like 1

Your talking to people that wait till last day to put in and cause a extension of deadline For draw. But season is still a month away don't need to run to wallmart and buy the wrong arrows and broad heads for my set up yet have at least 3 weeks till then lol jk

• Like 1

Always tuned ready to go...... Only way archers should be.

agreed! drives me crazy when i hear of so called bowhunters going into shops the week before the season to get their bow tuned or equipment.

• Like 1

Nate, you are a great asset to this site. Thanks for the heads up. :)

TJ

I just got my new bubble and bubble mount from MBG. Just have to get that mounted and get 1st/2nd/3rd axes all set and then fine tune my pins and that's that. Shoot shoot shoot until Sept! And workout. But dang cake and Starbucks is tasty...