Sign in to follow this  
Guest 300ultramag.

Game and Fish Petition

Guest 300ultramag.

I have explored every single option that I know of to still go on this hunt. (My 1st ever elk tag)

I thought of Sitting water/wallow, Hiring a guide with mules to pack me in and my elk out, Hiring a guide
Hunt from a treestand and have my family help pack it out.

Unless a miracle happens I will not be able to use my 1st elk tag.

I know there are waaaaaay worse things in this world and I am grateful for my health and family but to wait over a decade to finally be the guy with a tag in his pocket only to be stuck in a wheel chair is a very humbling.

Sign it or not thanks for reading. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/arizona-game-and-fish-2014-unit-27-archery-bull

Guest 300ultramag.

ps. If you guys cant sign it here Im going to make my wife harass you guys at sportsmans warehouse!

I have signed it.

Why can't you sit water? I know you may not be able to get to some of the best spots, but at the same time some of the best spots are right off a road. I'm sure if you are patient you would be able to kill a nice Bull off water. If G&F doesn't give your tag back(highly likely) I would be doing everything I can to make sure I'm in the field in some manner. If you need help packing out a Bull I would be more than willing to help out. I can be there in 4 hours. Good Luck!

Adam

• Like 2

That's terrible luck and I wish you the best in working it out with AZG&F.

If that fails and you can not hunt, please consider donating your tag to one of the terrific groups who help out kids.

My favorite is Hunt of a Lifetime

http://www.arizonahoal.org/

Good Luck

• Like 2

That's a real bummer! I pray for a miracle recovery. A few years ago there was a guy in a wheelchair hunting a waterhole where we were hunting. Someone would drop him off and pick him up. He sat many hours. I don't know if he ever got one...he wasn't very friendly to talk to. We just tried to leave him alone and only sat our treestand when he wasn't there. Sitting a waterhole in a wheelchair should be just as effective as a healthy guy sitting a ground blind on a stool....and probably more comfortable. You can also get a crossbow permit from G&F, since you have a "handicap". I hear you though....I too would rather be healthy and mobile with a rare elk tag in my pocket.

Signed it!!..thats hard luck!! i hope the Game&Fish help you out!! they should!! most hunters would be for you getting your BP back until your healthy %100!! ...so G/F should honor that!!...or give you CHAMP right!!....good luck man!! :( and if you cant and you do stick one i can be there in 4 hours to pack out!!...but there is alot of good dudes on this site that would do the the same!!! :D

so what happens to your tag if they let you surrender it (which im not in favor of)

Hey Man!!! I hope you dont ever have bad luck hit you like him!!..Remeber!!....Karma is a M@#$er F!@#er! <_<

so what happened that your in a chair man i missed that part? if you dont mind? im in for signing and helping either way and maybe its not relevant just wondering.

• Like 1

Signed it. If you do end up heading out for your hunt let me know. I have unit one early archery but I'm confident I'll tag early with all the help I have. I have the entire time off work so I'll be available.

Guest 300ultramag.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to read/sign this.

More importantly the opportunity to have you guys help me out in the field!!!! I would love to be sending the text "Big Bull Down" to anyone that could or would help. I can run the knife and bone saw until I have help.

The way this all came about:

Well I have a pretty cool job that can turn into a rodeo in a blink of an eye . and I love it for this reason ( * minus bath salts*)

Some of the people I come in contact with have Homicidal Ideations (but truly have the best of intentions... in a bad way).. which in itself is inherently dangerous

and If you respond to enough calls like this.... your going to eventually get banged up. This was my day.

and Tphy Hntr if it could be allotted to the next guy or gal that would be great or HOAL.

My kids are too young to sign it over other wise their uncles would gladly take em hunting.