AZwest16

Draw results delay

Draw results delay? The only dates I saw published were that you could put in for left overs at 8AM on the 28th and that tags would be mailed out by Aug 8th. Neither of these dates have come and gone yet, so what is the delay???? ;)

S.

:)

• Like 4

Lol true........ but what if the results aren't out by friday???? Should I send in a leftover app for units that are always left over????? Lol. I wonder what would happen.....

I think they should go back to just mailing tags out and finding out your results that way. I think some people's heads would explode if they had to wait that long. ;)

Brian

• Like 2

Draw results delay? The only dates I saw published were that you could put in for left overs at 8AM on the 28th and that tags would be mailed out by Aug 8th. Neither of these dates have come and gone yet, so what is the delay???? ;)

S.

Stanley is exactly right. There is NO OFFICIAL DRAW DATE. Just a thousand or so of us impateint outdoor enthusiasts that have jumped to our own conclusions. The only thing they have published was an official date for left over tags, and when the "'checks' in the mail" date. It does officially suck for those that put in for that archery hunt in august. But at the same time, I'm guessing if you have the patience to do archery in august, you more than likely already know what unit, tree, and or place you want to camp is... months ago.

Instant gratification! Me personally, thats half of the reason why i put in for the hunt with my CC. The other reason is ease of finance. I can use a credit card to pay for the hunt (and or, i can collect applicable data) so i can get my app submitted so i dont have to wait for my globe trotting brother or the two other guys that put in with me to have funds before i submit. I like it. I too have fallen for the modern nicety of instant charges, and tracking. But all in all that is trying to "cheat the system" in a way. We know we get to go, be considerate of our "paper companions" and sit on your hands until it comes out officially. lol. There is nothing that states they will tell you where you get to go, when they charge your card. thats what the draw is for,.

G&F had to publicly announce on their facebook page to not call the office to check on draw resulsts the very first day charges started to come out.

----

And i know i said it before, a deadliine is a deadline. Dead means no more. lol.... I dont see why the department is making the 3 calls to even one person, to try and rectify their credit card. Working retail on the side to be able to fund my adventures.... it is not up to me to ensure that you have sufficient funds when you come in to pick up parts. They have set the second tuesday as the deadline in feb, june, and oct... and nice enough to remind us that use cards to make sure everything is in order. After that, roll the bones and hope for the best. I've missed credit card and paper deadlines it sucks, but oh well.

Remember calling the hotline for draw results!?!? Now that sysem sucked. One phone number for all of the planet to use! I remember setting an alarm for 2:30 am, to attempt to call in to find out, and still getting the busy signal.

The point isnt the deadline! They charged cards almost two weeks ago they should let you know by now if they are going to charge us.

The point isnt the deadline! They charged cards almost two weeks ago they should let you know by now if they are going to charge us.

I feel your frustration 110%. The problem is that their hands are tied in having to call all those declined cards. With the system that is setup now, there isn't a faster way that they can get results out. If the law changes to where they can charge upfront fees, then this wait that we experience will be gone. I imagine they want results out as bad as we do as to stop fielding calls about the draw! But until then, get used to the wait.
  • Like 2

Umm....... Why "should they let us know by now........" ?? You do know the process, right? Why "should" they have to let us know? Sounds like you're feeling entitled to something that you were never promised and that you 'wish' they would let us know, but the fact is that they are following the process and will likely adhere to the dates that were published. Anyone who applied electronically and was lucky enough to get drawn (me included) will just have to wait it out. ;)

S.

• Like 4

Umm....... Why "should they let us know by now........" ?? You do know the process, right? Why "should" they have to let us know? Sounds like you're feeling entitled to something that you were never promised and that you 'wish' they would let us know, but the fact is that they are following the process and will likely adhere to the dates that were published. Anyone who applied electronically and was lucky enough to get drawn (me included) will just have to wait it out. ;)

S.

First, sorrry... yes the point isn't the deadline. well secondarily, it is. My point about the deadline is because the hypothetical "delay" now is becuase they have to go back and make 2,400 phones calls (3 attempts for 800 people) to see if they have a different solution to them not being drawn. A deadline to put in. A deadline to adjust cards. Done.

And like stanley and some of the other guys have said, There is no release date. The only dates they have are the 28th for leftovers, and the 8th for mailings. I again, agree wih stanley. Its a sense of entitlement that us card users assume we have "our card, our money, our purchase.... why cant we know?"....

We can know... when the draw gets completed. On the other end of the spectrum.... they don't have to make results available to us by phone or online. (that's a courtesy)... technically we could have to wait until the tags were in hand.

• Like 1

I remember when this credit card draw deal started, and I had a problem with my credit card getting stolen and I had to void it. I didn't realize at the time that it was the one I had used for the online draw. My application got thrown out when they tried to hit my card, and when I called them, they told me I was out of luck. Why has the policy changed? I'm kinda pissed all over again now.

S.

Agree 100%. Waiting stinks, but they don't owe me anything. One suggestion might be for them to post "status updates" on the dept. website and FB page. The rumor mill and guessing game seem to make things worse, and the "natives restless".