AZwest16

Draw results delay

ya im missing my antelope and bighorn loyalty point cuz I dun goofed somewhere along the line. but I received no call. to each their own, I feel like this is liberal way to do it, no personal responsibility. but im also drunk right now.

edit: and what wish 2 hunt said.

Sleep it off Dick... We got fish to catch tomorrow!

• Like 1

We all saw this coming. That's why I predicted third week of July for results.

I have a crystal ball. I swear I do. :D

My crystal ball tells me I got 1st choice that I have been waiting for over 10 years to get.

G&F inherited this problem from the Bush administration. Not their fault.

• Like 3

I can see it both ways. Personally I like Arizona's system. Not perfect, but ticks me off less than the old days, sending a check to WY and them waiting while they held on to everyones money for 3-4 months before issuing refunds. I don't think you want to get the state addicted to that extra interest income as a revenue stream. That won't lead anywhere pleasant. Most units in Arizona are hard enough for a non resident to draw that to me it makes a little more sense to charge your card after you draw. 800 calls is a lot though, seems like a nightmare. Maybe if they let you put two card numbers down, a primary and a secondary, then it would solve the problem. Or, it would be fine with me to just kick your card number out (and restore your points to not punish the few that might be victim of a situation beyond their control). I keep a card just for the draws every year, so it makes no difference to me. A little diligence by the hunter would solve most potential problems I think.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know what the reasons are for the 800. My guess is the overwhelming majority are people with maxed out cards. Oh well I guess that's how we Americans roll these day's. I would still rather put up with this system than see someone get cheated out of something they have been working towards for years.

My guess would be fraud alerts by banks. In the last 5 years, I have had my card cancelled for my protection because of possible fraud within the banking system. They just cancel your card without you knowing and before the effective date, your new card, with new #, arrives at your house. Good thing, except when it happens in between putting in and the draw actually happening. This is the risk we take using credit cards. Had it happen to me for a spring draw, and I lost my loyalty point for Javi's ( like it matters). I was irked, but was very glad it was not during the fall or elk and antelope draw.

Or as pwrguy said, it could be the majority of Americans living above their means. Champagne taste with a Pabst blue ribbon wallet.

• Like 1

I have said it before. If the system is going to cards we have to live with it. If you have b of a , or another istitution that is questionable , then stop. I use a pre-paid money card and there is never a problem. I always did money orders prior, but this seems to be the way things are going. I hate walmart, but I have never had a problem.

My guess would be fraud alerts by banks. In the last 5 years, I have had my card cancelled for my protection because of possible fraud within the banking system. They just cancel your card without you knowing and before the effective date, your new card, with new #, arrives at your house. Good thing, except when it happens in between putting in and the draw actually happening. This is the risk we take using credit cards. Had it happen to me for a spring draw, and I lost my loyalty point for Javi's ( like it matters). I was irked, but was very glad it was not during the fall or elk and antelope draw.

Or as pwrguy said, it could be the majority of Americans living above their means. Champagne taste with a Pabst blue ribbon wallet.

This is the very reason why I now put in with money a money order.

If you can't control your finances, use a money order! If you know your bank sucks, use a money order!! If you think your dang credit card will never get hacked, use a money order!!!!! Same crap every year with the credit cards! It's a problem every draw cycle and still people complain. Gosh dang these 1st world problems!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I Agree completely, too many whiners on these forums. Want someone to hold their hand thru life and can not figure out how to get it done for themselves. Oh, and the results will be posted by the deadline set forth by AZGFD. I do not think they have ever got results out later than the published date in the regs. If we find out early ( them charging our cards) it is just a bonus.

• Like 1

seems like every year there is a problem when it comes to credit cards. does not matter who does the draw.

sci/nevada or azgfd. plastic always seems to f things up. This is bull pucky......

I've had cards "cancel" on me for fraud alerts twice in my life. Once was a legit charge, out of state while I was on vacation, so it was kind of a hassle to lose access to the card when I needed it (Cabelas never called me to ask what was going on with the charge, and when I called they told me "we just figure if it was a legit charge, you will call us..."), the other time was actual fraud. Someone in NYC used my card to buy a big screen TV at Best Buy... US bank called me during my kids Baseball game in the Midwest to ask me if I was in NYC... So, US bank treated me right. They canceled the card and I never saw a charge, they just took care of it. I guess I can see a potential situation where you could have a legit charge for your tag declined by the bank's fraud protection system, even though there was plenty of available credit on the card. In that case it would be nice to get a heads up to fix it.

I know and speak to a ton of az hunters on a daily basis and very rarely if ever do I ever hear any one of them complain about the draw and having to wait on the results or hear any of them cry about how bad the department is. Yet every night I go online to check out what's new on my favorite hunting website and I see a pile of posts about how unfair the department is and how they suck at what they're doing. I pretty much dread clicking on topics about the draw and similar discussions because I don't want to have to sift through the whining to get to any useful information. What am I missing? Why are some of you on this site so upset all the time yet the majority of az hunters could care less about waiting one extra week for draw results. A ton of people have missed out on tags and lost bonus points in years past because of credit card issues so the department is trying to do something good and they get slammed for it. I feel like a few peoples negative opinions on this site give this entire site a bad wrap. I know that I'm being hypocritical since I too am now complaining but I feel like it needed to be said. Its a shame that many good hunters who kill good bucks no longer post on this site because of the drama involved. I usually stay out of it, and maybe I'm adding a little drama of my own now, but seriously, is all the whining necessary? When the results are out after the previously printed deadline, then complain. Until then, be what a hunter is supposed to be: QUIET and PATIENT.

P.S. Dont take my rant personal I am working my fifth consecutive night shift. And I do not work for azgfd.

• Like 10