rcgcu

.300 RUM load suggestions?

I just bought a slightly used rem 700 300 ultra mag... Instead of firing through 100 rounds I figured I would ask the experts.. What load suggestion or specific bullet do you guys recommend or works well for you?

Guest 300ultramag.

I shoot ballistic nosler 180gr with 82 of imr 4350

My sister load was retumbo With 93gr

I think the true long range shooters on here would suggest a magnum powder with a heavier bullet

86 grains h1000 20thou off lands 210 berger with rem brass fed 215. Not the hottest load but stupid accurate in my rem 700

210 berger 90-92 retumbo

What he said, great load

H1000 - H1000 - H1000

For me it has been the most consistent and had the best groups. May be a bit slower but shoots lights out.

You did not specify what size bullet you wanted to shoot or if you were spcifcally making a rond for a certain critter. for Coues I like the 190 bergers, for bigger creitters the 210's are awesome. Berger has the starting loads for both on their page or they will email your a list of acceptable powders with the bullets you want to shoot.

I really like the LR Nosler's as well but I have only run them through the 7mm's at this time.

210 berger 90-92 retumbo

This setup works great for me too. I'm shooting under 1/2 MOA with 91 grains of retumbo and 210 bergers.

Having really good results with the 190 Berger's!

Give Sportsman's a call and see if they have 300RUM HSN (Hunting Shack Munitions). This is probably the only way you can shoot a VLD bullet and try in before you start loading. They were making both 185gr and 210gr Berger Hunting VLD. If they have them do not wait around have them held and go buy them immediately or they will disappear.

If you can't find that the Remington stuff is as good as any.

Before I started reloading I had success with Remington's Power Lever Ammo. I used level 2. Never tested it at long distance but dropped a couple of cow elk under 300 yards.

I have shot Federals through mine ... Winchester Model 70 Classic in RUM. 180 Grain Barnes. Very good groups. Heavier tends to be better in my rifle.

86 grains h1000 20thou off lands 210 berger with rem brass fed 215. Not the hottest load but stupid accurate in my rem 700

Same exact load in use in my custom. Best group was 1.5" @ 750 yards (3,025 fps at muzzle).. Plus it's a cleaner powder than Retumbo

Same exact load in use in my custom. Best group was 1.5" @ 750 yards (3,025 fps at muzzle).. Plus it's a cleaner powder than Retumbo
I agree on that!! My field test proved to be faster then chrono said and it's right at 2900fps threw a factory 26" tube. Many groups sub 1/2moa with best being one little hole. Being that the groups were what they were, never needed to push them harder