firstcoueswas80

az raffle tag buck

anyone heard anything about it? i was sent a picture today that is supposed to be the buck and its a toad! i dont know anything about it so i wont post it but if some one else has it then its up to you! its a hog! supposedly scores 118" and has a 4" drop tine! awesome bucks congrats to the hunter and guide!

anyone heard anything about it? i was sent a picture today that is supposed to be the buck and its a toad! i dont know anything about it so i wont post it but if some one else has it then its up to you! its a hog! supposedly scores 118" and has a 4" drop tine! awesome bucks congrats to the hunter and guide!

I seen it at Lippert/Doyle taxidermy the other day, and they also had Marty's 119 archery buck in there as well. They told me a lady won the raffle tag and signed it over to her hubby and that it was taken in one of the 36's. What a toad :P

Ditto... I seen it down at Deans the other day. It's a nice buck. I know he worked his butt of chasing bucks all around down south. That must have been some serious fun!!!

The hunt was self guided. Unless you count friends and all. Of course they might chime in other wise about who guided who... ha ha ha...

Maybe next year. :P

cmc

I talked to the tag holder in late November while I was at the ADA Youth Camp in 36. He told me then that he was holding-out for a 120 incher. We had a laugh together at the realism of this goal, but it looks like he did it! (close enough anyway.... ;) )

Congrats to the hunter!!!

S.

:)

The raffle tag holder (Bobby Boido) emailed me info and photos on his buck. He is registered in the forum but said for some reason he couldn't log in.

Here is what he had to say about it:

My wife Olga won the super raffle coues deer tag. She signed the tag over to me.I see that some guys are asking what happened on this hunt. I hunted a total of 23 days starting September 1,2006. We saw a total of 138 coues bucks with 5 going over 100 inches. This buck I took on January 20, 2007. My buck scores 118 inches with a 5 inch drop tine.I have hunted old Mexico and Arizona and I had never seen a drop tine buck. We also saw 24 herds of javalina, 10 coyotes and 4 bobcats. I did all my hunting in southern arizona with the help of some of the most fanatical coues deer hunters a guy can be friends with. My biggest help came from my cousin George Alcorta and my other cousin George Dalton.I wont name all the guys here, but one huge special thanks goes to Marty Hendricks for telling me about this buck.

The forth time we went to look for this buck was the first time we saw him, right where he was supposed to be.

I cant thank my wife enough for the tag and for putting up with me and my buddies. Almost every weekend we would meet at my house, making noise coming and going.

To the guys and gals on this site, some one has to win, so give it a try!!

post-1-1170781244_thumb.jpg

post-1-1170781301_thumb.jpg

post-1-1170781339_thumb.jpg

post-1-1170781399_thumb.jpg

That buck is definitely "raffle tag" worthy! What a great buck, congrats! JIM>

Very nice! Congratulations on winning the tag and being able to put it on such a nice deer! Thanks for sharing the pictures and story!

Ron

Great buck, great wife. don't think mine would have given up that tag. Congrats on a great buck!

Great buck, great wife. don't think mine would have given up that tag. Congrats on a great buck!

:lol: Your dang straight!!!!! I KNOW my wife would NEVER give up that tag!!!!!!!! :lol: Well maybe..... if we bribed her with at Cruise, or Europe, or African Safari, or something..... :lol: