Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Did you lose a trail camera in Mt Bigelow area?

I was recently contacted by AGFD to see if I could help them find the owner of a trail camera that was found by a hiker and turned into the USFS.

If you had a camera out in the Mt Bigelow area, you might want to check and see if it's still there. If not, send me and email with the make and model and location where you camera was and I can pass the info to AGFD so they can get the camera back to you.

• Like 4

I have found a bouch people have lost chained to a tree. I thought Weird place to lose them to I took them all for safe keeping. Let me know if you lost one haha jk

Maybe I'm the only one, but I find this a little hard to believe that AZGFD would like to return a camera. I applaud Amanda for trying to find the rightful owner and get the camera back, but if I were the owner I would be a little hesitant. I'm sure AZGFD is looking to find the owner because they would like to ask the owner some questions as well..... Who knows, I could be wrong. But think about this, if this cam was just on a salt then AZGFD could easily hand this person to the FS for putting a substance on forest service land and leaving (possibly even bolting) property on FS land. Think long and hard before you offer up info as to location of cams etc when AZGFD is concerned. Like I stated, I could be completely off base too.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm the only one, but I find this a little hard to believe that AZGFD would like to return a camera. I applaud Amanda for trying to find the rightful owner and get the camera back, but if I were the owner I would be a little hesitant. I'm sure AZGFD is looking to find the owner because they would like to ask the owner some questions as well..... Who knows, I could be wrong. But think about this, if this cam was just on a salt then AZGFD could easily hand this person to the FS for putting a substance on forest service land and leaving (possibly even bolting) property on FS land. Think long and hard before you offer up info as to location of cams etc when AZGFD is concerned. Like I stated, I could be completely off base too.

I specifically asked AGFD this question and they assured me that there was no secret legal action being planned as there was no illegal activity on the part of the trail cam owner. They told me the USFS considers this abandoned property and the AGFD considers it more like stolen property and they want to see it returned to the owner.

I would not trust the unit 33 Game Wardens. This sounds like the TV show, "To Catch a Predator". These guys are always out for the "sting" and wouldn't put it past them.

it could have been bungee corded and a bear could have slapped it around and threw it down the trail.... maybe just locked through the plastic ring that it comes with.......

James