Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Political Discussions request

wow, wouldnt expect censoring of the right wing on a hunting forum. everybody is afraid to talk about the truth i guess.

Censorship doesn't apply at all in this case. This is not a public forum. This is a private forum which belongs to Amanda that we all had to sign-up for in order to post. When we sign-up to post, we agree to the rules/guidelines. It's not about fear of speaking the truth, 'right wing' views, 'left wing' views, or anything else like that. It's called 'topic moderation' and virtually any/all internet forums have it. Simple as that.

S.

• Like 11

Guest wdenike

wow, wouldnt expect censoring of the right wing on a hunting forum. everybody is afraid to talk about the truth i guess.

Censorship doesn't apply at all in this case. This is not a public forum. This is a private forum which belongs to Amanda that we all had to sign-up for in order to post. When we sign-up to post, we agree to the rules/guidelines. It's not about fear of speaking the truth, 'right wing' views, 'left wing' views, or anything else like that. It's called 'topic moderation' and virtually any/all internet forums have it. Simple as that.

S.

Stanley,

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!! But we will just agree to disagree. I will explain why, then I'm done with the B.S. as I think the country has reached the tipping point. As it has become more than evident by the crickets and lack of participation on these issues, on hunting sites of all places.

First off I have lived my whole life trying to teach, and enlighten, the youth in this country ( and sometimes adults ). About hunting, fishing, and yes political things that were flat wrong. And I have more than felt it was the American thing to do. Also when I noticed our education institutes were not failing to do so. But intentionally misleading our youth. I started to take it more seriously and as an obligation to a great country.

Now the American people are being dumbed down so badly they no longer care what is right or wrong. Nor care as long as they have theirs. And the American male figure will soon depend on his woman to conceal carry to protect the family. As they no longer would say chit if they had a mouth full about anything.

Now I have just briefly touched on how I personally feel about this as I could go on for ever but don't like typing, but I think most like minded people get the drift. Now in winding down this windy post. I will go follow the rules as you call it. AFTER ALL WE HAVE BEEN PROGRAMED TO BE RULED TO DEATH IN THIS COUNTRY. AND HOW HAS THAT BEEN WORKING FOR US.

Take care,Willie

• Like 3

OK Willie, I undestand what you are saying but you have not addressed what I am wrong about?

I simply stated that censorship applies to public speach/communication not private institutions. (that is correct, not wrong) It is not much different than if you invite someone into your house. If you don't like what they are saying or doing, you can ask them to quit or leave because it is YOUR house. No censorship, simply you deciding what you want to occur in your house. Same principle applies here. That's all I was trying to say.

S.

• Like 3

Guest wdenike

OK Willie, I undestand what you are saying but you have not addressed what I am wrong about?

I simply stated that censorship applies to public speach/communication not private institutions. (that is correct, not wrong) It is not much different than if you invite someone into your house. If you don't like what they are saying or doing, you can ask them to quit or leave because it is YOUR house. No censorship, simply you deciding what you want to occur in your house. Same principle applies here. That's all I was trying to say.

S.

Completely understood!!! As I said in earlier post. Just think it does a disservice to the hunting community, and politically in general. Getting a late start fishing with grandson, carry on!!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 2

I, for one, will miss the sharing of viewpoints. Like Snap....I rarely see where the politics related to hunting get near the views or participation levels as the general politics. Oh well...

• Like 2

I don't mind hearing right/left wing views and concerns but I go to a political based forum for that. I enjoy coming to this hunting forum to share and hear about whitewings. :)

• Like 3

Kinda disappointed myself as I relied heavily on great members of this sight to keep me up to date on the latest craze around the world as well as here in AZ......honestly I almost always went to the political section first then started at the top and work my way down the list of topics to view.

I do respect what Amanda has done and the high level of keeping this a great site that I would let my grandkids visit which is saying a lot in todays selection of things to let kids view.

Keep up the good work Amanda as I will try to find another avenue to keep up to date on my political information.

Still the best site out there.....right here at CWT.com.....

• Like 2

One last sick twist to this post......does not the immigration issue directly affect hunting issues???

Just saying, if the Shiites are causing problems in Michigan it is impacting hunting as any and every lefty out there will bring it back to gun rights.....you see the sewer I am headed down right???

• Like 1

I don't think Amanda has done anything wrong with redirecting this particular forum back to where the forum was purposefully intended to be.

I for one wouldn't mind another forum that is specified for political discussions outside of the hunting community. That would satisfy the folks that want to discuss politics; a disclaimer on what the forum would be about would be good etc....

However, its her site and she can set it up how she wants. It may be that she doesn't want it here period.

• Like 1

Her site her rules. Period. My bet is this forum gets real quiet as we all know hunters don't talk or become active in political things about hunting till its to late, then complain like crazy after the fact.

My personal opinion is that any political talk should be allowed as long as it stays civil and no name calling. Jmho

• Like 2

Guest wdenike

Wow! Didn't get no fish yesterday. But as always bad days fishin or huntin are 100% better than any other thing one could be doin. Thought this topic would have withered away by now.

Got to lookin at the whole political forum. And noticed all of ole Snaps input had been X'ed out. Don't know if it was self inflicted or moderated that way. If ya did it your self Snap good on you for proving a point. I'm pretty sure if ya look at all of his topics that are X'ed out. Than calculated all of the other topics with political views and X'ed them out there would be next to nothing in that forum. I'm pretty sure that was the point being made. (At least that is what I noticed, and took from it.) Not good for advertisers. If it was moderated out oh well. Part of life is doing what ya want with things you run and own.

I noticed more than a couple others expressed that they would have liked to see it stay the same. I know I have already said I felt it was a disservice to the hunting community and the voting system in general. And like it or not politics affects what we love period. And I would go on record as feeling it should stay the same as it has been going.

I know Amanda probably got complaints. But it is a free country, and if people don't want read what is being said. No one is pointing a gun to their head making them read the stuff. It is sad the PC, thin skinned whiners always feel they run the show. I personally would start the FIVE DOLLAR FINE FOR WHINING RULE. But I always get accused of being a little rough around the edges. :o :D

Take care, Willie

• Like 2