Sign in to follow this  
D.F.M.

Dove hunting

Desprate times calls for desperate measures can anyone out there point me in the right direction for dove . Been going to wickenberg last five years with the boy but it's not as good as it use to be. He looks forward to going every year want to try and check out other spots any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

I wish we could sit in the back of my truck on the new 303 and cactus. They are flying like mad across that freeway. Lol

• Like 2

Wish I could help you, D.F.M.! I don't know any specific spots, but I know a lot of folks head out towards Buckeye & Gila Bend. There are some places out there that sometimes have some awesome flights of doves. A few years ago, we had some good luck setting-up on some open land about a 1/2 mile from a dairy we spotted. Need to be careful of private land and developments though....

Good luck!

S.

:)

• Like 1

I pm'd some advice and map. Be happy to go dove huntin with them sometime, maybe even show them my super secret squirrel water hole out west.

I have seen marginal success out near Wickenburg myself the last few years. The only thing that was guaranteed last year was mosquito bites. Opening weekend we were driven away by the mosquito's and mud. We went back the next weekend with tons of bug repellent and mosquito head nets and had to do some mud bogging to get to a decent spot and still didn't limit out.

Thanks for the info and help greatly appreciated the boy and I will try and scout some before the season starts. Never go out toward wickenberg or any where with out mesquite repellant especial around water thanks again.

On the 202 SanTan between Ariz Ave and McQueen has a lot of birds, if you are a decent shot, I think you could have your limit before the cops hauled you off to the can.

ELOY! It's a drive but if you talk to some of the ranchers or farmers there and they give you permission you limit out in about 20 minutes. One farm down there is called MountainView farms. They grow cotton. One of the best areas I have ever hunted.