Sign in to follow this  
4Falls

antelope season is underway

I've never hunted anelope,but reading this post is blowing my mind....are the antelope up there really so easy to find that you really know which have been taken and which are still around? It sounds like you guys know exactly what was out there to start the season.is there not the good chance you'd come across unknown bucks later in the season like with coues?

There is always a chance to find an unknown buck, but 75% of the antelope are standing right out in the open within 1/2 mile of a road.

Yea it's that easy! With good photos of each buck it's not hard to tell witch buck is witch when you start getting kill pics! Theirs always the chance a buck shows up from the back country but as for all the scouting I did and the notes I've compared with other hunters every good buck I had scouted in the areas I can hunt are in someone's freezer!! I've talked with guys who are in the unit EVERY YEAR scouting and guiding hunters and they are speechless this year so far!!!!!

• Like 1

they got an antelope tag and whine no biggy's will be left cuz hunters success - tooo funny

Not wanting to get into an internet argument with someone I don't know, I will simply say "elkaholic, we clearly see this topic very differently !" I have spent my entire summer up there and have photos of every single buck that is worth shooting! Could there be a buck or two that is tucked away in the cedars or on private that I have not found??? Maybe. But of the top seven bucks on my go to list are dead! Confirmed! Am I whining about it?? heck yes!!! Rafter 21 years! ( I prefer the word " bitching) it's cooler!! :).

I congratulate every archery hunter that has got it done, but to say this happens every year is incorrect!

Will I kill a buck? Sure. But am very surprised at what had transpired in the first 7 days of this year! Nuff said.

Whitey

• Like 2

I feel your pain Lionhunter, Good luck on your guy's hunts. I will be on the ML hunt as well helping a buddy and hope you guys are wrong.

Ok, I can't take it anymore.... #1 lionhunter and HUNTAZ are right on the money. There has been a tremendous increase in the amount of successful goat hunters, thus far, in 19A. #2 I've personally been on Five (five) successful goat hunts in the last eight days and I can tell you that 2 of the 5 hunters WILL NOT report their harvest for (disgruntled) reasons. With that being said, NO THE SUCCESSFUL HARVEST NUMBERS ARE WRONG!!!!!!!! #3 As of one hour ago, I ran into two (2) more successful hunters this morning on Perkinsville Rd that just killed this morning, to which one of them told me they shot a high 70's buck last night that they couldn't find, but were CONFIDENT it's dead somewhere.... (lionhunter)I live in 19A and I've been involved with the Antelope Foundation and have been on the archery, muzzy and rifle hunt now, going on 13 years. NEVER in those years have I seen this harvest rate at this stage in the game. Oh and #4..... All the goats on Black Mesa are gone!!!!! Adios!

My brother steam rolled this buck today at 1215 in 19a. 200 yard belly crawl to a 87 yard shot. Double lung. Barely had to move the Binos to watch him run towards his does and go belly up.

post-10050-0-82405600-1408342924_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I thought there would be more goat Pics on this thread. I guess I will add these ones from my friend's hunt last year in unit 10, I will never forget that day!

post-8804-0-91329600-1408379660_thumb.jpg

post-8804-0-94337000-1408379669_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wow with 16 points i had 19a muzzy as my first choice. For the first time ever i am glad i did not draw. Some good archers this year, i haven't heard of a shot under 80 yards.

I am a little surprised to hear that many will not report their antelope harvest. This only hurts the ability to manage the antelope a little better. I would think that the Game & Fish will at some point make it a mandatory requirement to check in your antelope.

• Like 1