Sign in to follow this  
outlaw357derf

11 days and counting down

With just 11 days to go until opening morning I am finding the anticipation to be almost unbearable. I am passing the time on my days off shooting my bow. I already have my bags packed, I constantly monitor Coueswhitetail.com, and I am pretty sure that my wife (though she will have to cook while I am gone) will be extremely happy to see me go. When I am practicing with my bugles and cow calls (ever since I found out I drew a Bull tag) she asks me if its really necessary. These are just a few of the quirky things I have had to deal with to be ready. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

• Like 4

No tags for me this year, but still enjoying getting out and enjoying the wildlife. Got up about 4:30 Saturday morning to see if a friend and I could spot a few bulls at first light. We were treated to find several herds over a couple of hours, with two different bachelor groups of all big bulls. One group of about 18 and about a dozen in the second group. Not a spike or rag horn in either group and a few that would go over 350. Super jealous of all of you with tags! Good luck!

11+14 +1 year untill My Early rifle Bull tag. I am countin em down too...................BOB!

• Like 1

I am in the same boat iv watched YouTube videos of archery elk huntsevery night before bed since I got my tag in the mail i think my wife hears bugles in her dreams as much as me what unit did you draw? I drew an 8 bull tag

• Like 1

So jealous. Went deer hunting in 8 this weekend. The bulls are bugling, cows are bunched up and weather was good. Sunday there were bulls still bugling at 10am. They started again at 5pm. Wish I could hunt elk every year. Nothing better in my opinion. Think I will "hunt" with a camera this year to try to get my "fix". Good luck to all those lucky tag holders.

• Like 2

Ya I was up in 8 looking for elk with my bow close by just incase a buck showed his face I did hear some bugling at night at camp. AZELKHUNTER69 what part of the unit were you in just curious PM me if you don't want to broadcast it. Thanks

I'll be in 27 this Sat and Sun and then back Thursday for the opener on Friday!

My first elk tag, 1 BP, first time putting in for elk! Took the whole two weeks off for the hunt, can't let my good fortune go to waste. Solo backpacking hunt until I tag out or the calendar says I have to quit!

• Like 2

Have an archery 27 cow tag. Was pretty quiet there this past weekend. Just a few short bugles every now and then. Was at Ross Outdoors today and they said unit 1 was the same. Hope they start becoming less shy in the next week! Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

heck yea, I wish I could go up this weekend. Darn work commitments. I do have the whole hunt off though too. Good luck cant wait to see pics to all.

Off to 27 also day before hunt till the end . Or everyone in our group hangs a tag off a nice rack

• Like 1

Have an archery 27 cow tag. Was pretty quiet there this past weekend. Just a few short bugles every now and then. Was at Ross Outdoors today and they said unit 1 was the same. Hope they start becoming less shy in the next week! Good luck everyone!

I hope they wait for the muzzy hunt. They are very quiet in one! :-)

I'm heading to 1 on the 10th. Do some last minute scouting and try to whack a deer. I read that I could pick up a turkey tag as well with this hunt. I need to go down to G&F and check that out.