Sign in to follow this  
down2hunt

Bulls starting to bugle!!!

I was up in 4A over the weekend camping with the family and the bulls were very vocal. I also seen 10 bulls all hard horned. How about in other units? Anyone else hearing any bulls vocal?

JD

• Like 1

I was up in 4A over the weekend camping with the family and the bulls were very vocal. I also seen 10 bulls all hard horned. How about in other units? Anyone else hearing any bulls vocal?

JD

Hey JD do you have a tag for that unit? I was up there as well and only heard a couple bugles. I was mostly in the ceders.

JD

Hey JD do you have a tag for that unit? I was up there as well and only heard a couple bugles. I was mostly in the ceders.

WildCat, no I don't get drawn again. lol But my son had a cow tag for that unit last year so we were basically just hang out and doing some hiking. Most of the elk activity we heard was near Middle Ridge Rd and Wiggins Crossing Rd. There were elk every where. But you know as well as I know come elk season their nowhere to be found. lol

JD

JD

WildCat, no I don't get drawn again. lol But my son had a cow tag for that unit last year so we were basically just hang out and doing some hiking. Most of the elk activity we heard was near Middle Ridge Rd and Wiggins Crossing Rd. There were elk every where. But you know as well as I know come elk season their nowhere to be found. lol

JD

I was lucky enough to draw a tag for that unit this year. I'll probably be up there again this weekend to do some last minute scouting. Hopefully I'll hear more bugles ha.

They are fired up in our neck of the woods too. Very hard to get a goods nights rest with them scream outside the cabin in the meadow all night long. Gonna be a great year, growth looks good and seeing some real nice bulls. Hopefully pixman will have some pics to share with you all here in the next few weeks from around here.

That's good to know...... Hopefully they're screaming come next friday

• Like 1

Bububububububububub....eeeewwww ewww ewwwweee...cough choke... aint nothin here...bububububububububububububububu...ewew ew ew ew....crash slam bang...ew ewwww eww...bubububbububuubbb... wwweeeewwweee ewe wwew....bubbuubbububububububbbubub

Thats what the elk are going to be hearing for the next few weeks...

Oh man, I wish I had a tag this year. In the spot I checked this weekend the bulls have all split up and starting to get going. Should be great next weekend!

Was up in unit 27 over the weekend scouting for my Oct 17 cow hunt. The bulls were very vocal, didn't see many bulls but definitely heard them throughout the day and night. Saw tons of cows, very excited about that. It rained for about 1 1/2 in the evening despite what the weather forecasters warned us about, enjoyed a nice bowl of Bumblebee stew and topped it off with some evening cervezas around the fire. Awesome weekend.

They've been bugging the last 3 weekends up to an hr before light in 22south. Good to hear them as I hike to my glassing point.

1 bull had 4 cows and they came into my cow calls at 10:15am in a bedding area. Just small bulls for now, but glassed up a whopper in the matazals.

• Like 1