Sign in to follow this  
naturegirl

I think we are quite lucky Az has so much public land

5th generation AZ native here. Actually more, as my paternal grandmother was full Chiricahua Apache, so more generations than I know of. Makes my kids 6th generation natives. I travel a lot for work, but it is 90% somewhere in the west. From TX to WA, I have covered a lot of ground.

I have been back to IL, NY, NJ, WI, MN, CN, FL, GA, IN, and I hate it back there. Pretty scenery, amazing history, but way too many people for my tastes.

While commoners benefit from large swaths of public land, keep in mind the bifurcation of stewardship. A large chunk is controlled by the Feds. Some might say that having land held and managed by the state is a better reflection of local values.

While commoners benefit from large swaths of public land, keep in mind the bifurcation of stewardship. A large chunk is controlled by the Feds. Some might say that having land held and managed by the state is a better reflection of local values.

Except that those pushing to have the state take control are motivated by desires to develop and sell off those large swaths. The state isn't going to manage those lands without some way to pay for that management.

• Like 1

Wait till the EPA and the usfw and the wolfies get done. Most of az got turned into a preserve for wolf/dogs a couple weeks ago. At least everything south of I-40. But if they go north of I-40 it won't matter. In a few years we'll be talking about the good ol' days before you had to check in before you went to the woods to get permission so you won't bother the wolf/dogs and when we could hunt animals and stuff before they were all set aside for wolf/dog food.

• Like 1

Wait till the EPA and the usfw and the wolfies get done. Most of az got turned into a preserve for wolf/dogs a couple weeks ago. At least everything south of I-40. But if they go north of I-40 it won't matter. In a few years we'll be talking about the good ol' days before you had to check in before you went to the woods to get permission so you won't bother the wolf/dogs and when we could hunt animals and stuff before they were all set aside for wolf/dog food.

They will have to shoot me to keep me from public land. Farrell dogs beware!

No they won't. Just like boilin' frogs. Turn the heat up a little at a time. You won't realize until it's done. I'm really afraid this is where we are headed.

I think there are enough of us hunters with balls that will wipe out the wolffies before that ever happens. At least I hope. I know at my age 58 I could care less about the far out future ,that I would be involved in SSS. I have never poached nothin in My life and am honest by the book ,but once they try to destroy our public land and take it away I think alot of guys would change the way they are honest. I'm not a gun freak or gun horder but this would be compareable to them trying to take Your guy's guns in My OP.................BOB!

I agree! We are very fortunate to have all the public land we do throughout the state. Heck even the private land is hardly ever posted, at least around where I live. God Bless America and Arizona! My wife keeps toying with the idea of moving back to Indiana where she grew up. They better start transplanting elk quickstyle or I'm not moving a muscle! In all seriousness I don't see how anyone can stand living east of the Rockies.

"They better start transplanting elk quickstyle or I'm not moving a muscle!" :D :D Love it, Nick! Amen!!!

S.

:)

I am proud to live in Arizona. And if they try to take away my hunting grounds I will become a modern day Robin Hood. Anybody have a good recipe for wolf? Jk..

Born and raised in Wisconsin.......Will never move back.....I Love AZ

Except that those pushing to have the state take control are motivated by desires to develop and sell off those large swaths. The state isn't going to manage those lands without some way to pay for that management.

Well its far easier to exact accountability on decision makers when its done at the state legislature rather than some bureaucracy in D.C. I'll stick with local control any day. $0.02.