Deserve2beworked

6A RATTLESNAKE CANYON Quiet Area

No vehicles allowed and also there is no elk in the quiet areas.

Didn't think about no vehicles but that makes sense. This thread sounds like the elk are all quiet there too.

Rattlesnake canyon has a few elk but if you go to pine grove quiet area there is a lot of elk back in there

• Like 2

How do they keep the elk quiet? Do they just heard them out during the rut?

They all go to the elk crossing sign and crossover to another unit.

Thanks for the advice. Greatest website bar none. Always good advice and then the humor which is much needed at this point in any hunt. Guess I'll go with the advice given here, forget Rattle Snake, hunt Big Bugling All Day Lon Canyon instead. Where ever that is. Or maybe hunt, Come to Hoochie Mamma Canyon! If I find that one I'll have top buy a Hoochie Mamma. Seriously, thanks for the input. Hope I can help in the future.

Thanks for the advice. Greatest website bar none. Always good advice and then the humor which is much needed at this point in any hunt. Guess I'll go with the advice given here, forget Rattle Snake, hunt Big Bugling All Day Lon Canyon instead. Where ever that is. Or maybe hunt, Come to Hoochie Mamma Canyon! If I find that one I'll have top buy a Hoochie Mamma. Seriously, thanks for the input. Hope I can help in the future.

Ok now for real snakes everywhere and it is hot so watch where you walk but more where you sit to rest or glass. And yes just like javelina are darker Iin higher elevation to hold warmth so are snakes.. so beware of the black rattlesnake laying in the logs.

As for elk they are very quiet where I am in 11m also it is just stinkin HOT! So try the little cooleys that form off fingers of ridges and from what I have seen the bulls are still near their preferred wallows and walking to them alone 2x daily just not full on wallowing yet. (Here, im not saying everywhere but always same in 6a when i hunt it) ..

Good luck sounds like we are 30 min apart on squirley rds

Takin it to heart. 5 days left. Want to loose that arrow. Good luck to ya'.

• Like 1