Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Wyoming Lope

I just got home to North Dakota last nite, after 6 days at a buddies house in Wyoming. Only hunted 2.5 days. I killed on day 2. His Brother missed a nice one on day 3, but they got a month to hunt yet. He has had a lope tag every year since 1973. I had 1 tag in AZ. in 25 years of putting in. If You guys are tired of waiting to hunt AZ. get a tag up there. We were in a good unit but not one of the top units. 9 points was max, I had 7. I would of never caught up to max in My life at 58. The one I shot scores 75-76. About the same as the one I killed in AZ. 8 years ago. Every one should do Wyo. once. The amount of Animals is incredible. I will post pics after dinner. Gotta figure it out ,My son that does it for Me left for AZ. yesterday. Spent a day in Montana on the way back scouting some new Mulley areas. Was worth it. Saw some good Bucks. Pics soon hopefully..................BOB!

post-4458-0-90757400-1412135065_thumb.jpg

post-4458-0-13054100-1412135130_thumb.jpg

post-4458-0-91386700-1412135202_thumb.jpg

post-4458-0-96332800-1426034492.jpg

• Like 9

I researched this once. How much of a PITA is it to actually do the hunt? Especially since I do not know anyone in WY.

Everybody I talk to has 20-25 points and I got 4 Measly points, so i opt out and went to New Mexcio this year at the end of August So now I got one!!!! It was a lot of fun and now I'm investagsting wyoming. If you can shed any more details to start that would be awesome.

Lots of us are going this year. Me and kevin leave friday as well as other from cw.com. Big browns leaves a couple weeks after that. Very easy to apply and actually go hunt to those that are worried.

• Like 1

Lol i have 2 points and that is all that is needed. Can kill a mid 70's buck each trip with 2 points or less. Will post pics when we get back

• Like 2

Any advise for us AZers would be great on the application and hunting process. I have heard it is mostly private land up there, and getting hunting areas figured out can be a nightmare.

But if that is not the case, I would LOVE to take my daughter up there!

You have untill the end of today to buy a preference point for next year. You can hunt Antelope in WY every year with zero points in an ok unit.

• Like 1

I did a complete write up on here before regarding wyoming antelope app process. Do a search and find out

I followed your link Average Joe. One problem about the points. To buy a bonus point it ended 30 minutes, maybe a little longer since it is on Mountain time. Bummer !!!!!!!

Buy the point. Totally worth it. I have 3, but I just don't have the vacation time to go for a couple of years.

Always buy the points. I'm saving for some good tags and will just hunt leftovers till I draw. I have leftover tags in WY for limited draw bull, general deer, and 2 doe tags. There are always leftovers for something. The bull tag was a lucky snag this year.