Big Tub

Democratic Decision on Pronunciation of Coues

Democratic Settling of Coues Pronounciation!!!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. How do you say that Coues SHOULD BE pronounced?

I've digressed to calling them cooz, just because most everyone else does. In my mind it is Couse (Rhyme with House) I have an uncle who is a french speaking Canadian and that is how he would say it.

Cooz sounds like un-educated red-neck term. :)

Either way they are the greatest deer on the Planet!!!!

Anyone who pronounces cooz as cows needs to go back to speaking the King's English you bunch of Red Coats. They need to stop hunting big game and go chase some foxes with their red coats behind dogs. Just my humble opinion on the subject.

I will continue to pronounce our perfect little whitetail deer "Coues." It is easy to say, the o and the u together is a unique sound that doesn't sound like a w. What's the problem with that?????????? Okay now it is settled.

deja vu

post-10954-0-17961700-1414024638.png

Just don't ask them how they say it in Texas.......or Boston.......or New Orleans.......funny discussion I always get laughed at when I say wheel barrow.......not sure why just different strokes for different folks.

But if I am standing around the camp fire with a bunch of family and friends and I say COWS........get laughed outa camp....