Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

kinda ticked off

took wife to gun range to shoot her 243 before season opener.

now she had shot my .308 but was having a minor problem with the eye relief on the older scope.

she shot it ok - 3 kill shots at 100

I got out her 243 and she like it better- scope wise - so went to range - this 700 adl hasn't had much use over the yrs. she had problems at 100 because of the trigger pull - was harder then the 308- was way off

anyway moved it to 25 yrs - she almost shot out the quarter size bulleyes .

problem used up box - only had 10 rounds - thought had more but they are all reloads - unknow time/date /and who reloaded them - so im not comfortable using them for deer season

now Remington 243 in 100 grain or 80 shouldn't be hard to find - WRONG!!

it's like Remington quit making them - I mean no one on the west/ north side of phoenix has any.

use to buy them at yates / yellow front for 9 a box any day of the week - even wallyworld usually had some - not anymore

so do I go buy real expensive hornady 95 gr premier Remington in 75-80 or opt a different brand

in 100 and have to try and go out and sight gun in agin

most likely she'll be using the 308 as this point - season opener Friday

I had plans to go get trigger adjusted but without being able to-buy the ammo the gun was sighted in with was /is B.s I mean this is Phoenix not some little Podunk town in the backwoods someplace.

†he Hornady's are great ammo. My daughter shot her deer last year with them.

Years ago, I use to shoot both 100 grain Remington and Federals out of my .243. I am pretty sure both rounds shot the same or else I wouldn't have used both brands. Now a days, I stick with one brand of ammo because they all seem to fly different. But, you may get lucky and Federal may shoot the same as Remington. It has been alot of years since I owned a box of federals. I'm not even sure if they still sell 100 grain Federals.

Hornady shoots much different than Corelokt out of my BDL .270.

Times have changed. Thank a liberal.

I'll sell you a box of 100g cor locks for whatever the price tags says on the box. I can't think what the tag says of the top of my head off the top of my head.

With ammo being so hard to get for the last 2 years you should be mad at yourself for waiting so long to buy some for your wife's hunt , i can get some for your wife here in Flagstaff. Tell me how many boxes of rem 100 core lok you want and i will send you some.

• Like 2

well a happy ending - so to speak - more than one of these GREAT people here on CWT came forward with offers of ammo for me!

I did take up 5guyshunting and now have enough rem 243 to get thru this hunt.

A big THANK YOU to all whom answered this post with your generous offers!

Now I just have to be fortunate enough to put my wife on a buck-

just an added note you are lucky if different brands of your favorite ammo group the same - I did a test one yr and none were even close to grouping the same except Remington and Hornady

most of my rifles have a sweet load and I hate to mess things up- thats why reloading is great but is for those with time and dedication , to find that sweet load - I know guys whom tweek loads that are basically several shots in one hole - lol

I thought I could easily stop on way home or make a couple calls around and find the ammo I needed - boy was I wrong!

Thanks agin guys /gals from CWT !

• Like 2

The Podunk town I live in has 243? It must suck to be proud of living in Phoenix.

lm not proud of living In phoenix I just helped a "man"out. I live here to work. And maybe him too.

don't feed the trolls....

Nothing wrong with earning a living, also nothing wrong with living as a Podunk lol. I shoot and love my .243. I'm lucky to be able to load my own though. Good luck on her hunt.

I load my own also, I just helped a guy out. Why do you get offended by podunk ? Then you used the term.