Tunachaser

Backpack Hunt: God's Timing, Not Mine

post-11719-0-92301600-1414987797_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I wrote my Bear and Coues story for an online magazine last year called Western Whitetail. We called it "Bear'n Down for Coues Deer"! It was a neat story, but I think I could have done better. My Bear scored 20 3/8" and my Coues Deer scored 113 5/8" or 110 and change, depending on how you measured the palmation. I like to say 113. =) He grew it! Here is the attachment for the article.

http://www.westernwhitetail.com/bearn-coues-deer/

• Like 1

Great story. A blessed life with a lot more hunting. Looks like a cozy shelter for 3 Eagles. We might build one for 2 Eagles in December.

Sounds like an awesome time! Congrats!

Great read and awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing. and congratulations on a great hunt to all. :)

TJ

Great hunting adventure and a nice read. Lots of awesome trophys too, congratulations!

Very Nice! Congratulations on a fine hunt and harvest!!

Very cool story! Bears can seriously cover some ground when they want to! As an aside, you mentioned you had been after a bear for 9 years? So did you start hunting for bear when you were 10, as you look to have a long hunting career ahead of you (not to mention 8 of the big 10 under your belt)! Great accomplishments for a young man!

Man he's wide! Congrats on the hunt and thanks for sharing it.

Very cool story! Bears can seriously cover some ground when they want to! As an aside, you mentioned you had been after a bear for 9 years? So did you start hunting for bear when you were 10, as you look to have a long hunting career ahead of you (not to mention 8 of the big 10 under your belt)! Great accomplishments for a young man!

I did start hunting bears when I was 10. My grandpa is a big time hound guy and when I first started hunting, he still had bear dogs (now he just has lion dogs) so I've chased a lot of bears unsuccessfully. We also hunted them by glassing when I was little but I didn't see my first dead bear until I was a senior in High School.

And as of now, I have harvested 9 of the Arizona big 10. I killed an Antelope with my bow in August. The only one left is a Big Horn Sheep. And i'm ready for the long haul to wait for that tag! But like I've said so many times, I've been blessed more than I could have ever imagined.

Great story. A blessed life with a lot more hunting. Looks like a cozy shelter for 3 Eagles. We might build one for 2 Eagles in December.

1320, how did you know we were eagles? =)