Cazador

Reputable Taxidermist Southeast Valley

I would stretch your zone to include Scottsdale and speak with Jim Hartsock at SW Wildlife. He is a sponsor here and an excellent artist and businessman. He's done a desert sheep and a pronghorn mount for me and I couldn't be any happier. I highly recommend him and his work. Good Luck!

• Like 2

I took my mount to Jim as well because I wanted a taxi with a good reputation. He came highly recommend through some friends.

• Like 1

I would stretch your zone to include Scottsdale and speak with Jim Hartsock at SW Wildlife. He is a sponsor here and an excellent artist and businessman. He's done a desert sheep and a pronghorn mount for me and I couldn't be any happier. I highly recommend him and his work. Good Luck!

I am in Chandler and this is what I do as well. I have been using Jim for over ten years now. His work is almost perfect even when he has had to fix a couple of issues I caused with skinning or shot placement ;) .

Go there just to see all of the crazy stuff his guys are working on from all over the world even if you end up not using Jim it is worth a visit. My dad always asks to tag a long like its a trip to the zoo.

• Like 2

Mark miller, good as any, better than most. I've used most of the top guys in the valley and can honestly say Mark is the most concientious wildlife artist of the bunch. He works out of Miller's Southwest in Queen Creek. My second choice would be Chris Williams at Trappers Den in Showlow, it's a haul but he is worth the trip.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for this good info... I just found out a indirect relative does taxidermy.... Rick Lopez... Double Buck Taxidermy....

I use Chris Krueger with Krueger's Creations in the North Valley.

I have never had Chris Williams do work for me, but I have a buddy who always does, and his work is great.

Whatever you do, do NOT use Ron's Taxidermy. He screwed up one of my deer when I was poor, and ruined one of my friend's big mulies two years ago. My daughter's old Beanie Babies look more realistic.

The middle deer looks like a Downs Syndrome buck....go ahead, you can laugh. (the one on the left was my Grandad's buck from the 60s)

046_zps8a3a85e4.jpg

045_zps6d2701cb.jpg

Last I heard rick lives in sedona. If your gonna drive take if to Clay in payson, otherwise stay with a Reputable taxidermist.

Mark miller, good as any, better than most. I've used most of the top guys in the valley and can honestly say Mark is the most concientious wildlife artist of the bunch. He works out of Miller's Southwest in Queen Creek. My second choice would be Chris Williams at Trappers Den in Showlow, it's a haul but he is worth the trip.

This.

lol, thats an insult to downs syndrome whatevers, almost peed myself,still wiping up the coffee............just brought my coues to SW, killer showroom

Mark Miller does great work. Here is a buck he finished for me from last year.

post-11812-0-51539500-1415125230_thumb.jpg

I use Chris Krueger with Krueger's Creations in the North Valley.I have never had Chris Williams do work for me, but I have a buddy who always does, and his work is great.Whatever you do, do NOT use Ron's Taxidermy. He screwed up one of my deer when I was poor, and ruined one of my friend's big mulies two years ago. My daughter's old Beanie Babies look more realistic.The middle deer looks like a Downs Syndrome buck....go ahead, you can laugh. (the one on the left was my Grandad's buck from the 60s)046_zps8a3a85e4.jpg045_zps6d2701cb.jpg

Wow! Looks like the antlers are on backwards!

• Like 2

I use Chris Krueger with Krueger's Creations in the North Valley.I have never had Chris Williams do work for me, but I have a buddy who always does, and his work is great.Whatever you do, do NOT use Ron's Taxidermy. He screwed up one of my deer when I was poor, and ruined one of my friend's big mulies two years ago. My daughter's old Beanie Babies look more realistic.The middle deer looks like a Downs Syndrome buck....go ahead, you can laugh. (the one on the left was my Grandad's buck from the 60s)046_zps8a3a85e4.jpg045_zps6d2701cb.jpg

Wow! Looks like the antlers are on backwards!

No I think that is the super-duper sneak pose :ph34r: ... rare and tough to master. :D

• Like 1