Sign in to follow this  
samuel2891

Hello fellas

Hi my name is Samuel im a 23 year old and in from Arizona San tan valley and I hunt alone aand it get pretty boring doing that no one to help me spot or worst to talk to at all never put down my 1st deer but I am itching for my 1st deer with a bow if anyone needs a partner or hunting buddy or just go scouting with I am down on the weekends I usually hunt 37b but im open to go any wher thank you so much.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site. Browsing on here will lead you to some new hunting buddies. Good luck in the future.

In all reality, I usually don't mind hunting solo for a short period of time (like 4-5 days). After that, I really start to miss my family. Luckily, I have a couple great friends for day trips, but none of them hunt big game like I prefer to, so those are the solo trips. My brother has started to show interest in deer hunting for next year, so time will tell.

The best hunt(besides when my boys tagged their first pig) was solo archery elk. I love being out there with nobody else around to just take everything in.

Welcome to the forum samuel2891. This is a great place to meet new hunters and get great advise. I may take you up on this offer as I'm a very novice hunter and am wanting to do some scouting for practice. I don't do archery but scouting is scouting. If I can find deer, that'll give me more confidence if\when I ever get drawn.

Ya bgshooter anytime on the weekend I am free like you said scouting in scouting ther isn't no guns/bows in are hand anyway but But I will def be down for a scouting trip or ill join on your hunt it would be good times. but I bet I will learn about a lot of things being on this site cuz I know for a fact there still a ton of learning that's needs to be done.

Welcome to the site. I like hunting solo too. In fact everything I've ever killed with my bow has been on my own. For me the first couple days are a little rough but after that I kind of settle in and focus on the hunt. I hunt with a couple buddies every now and then but having said that we still hunt on our own and just meet back up at camp.

Since you said you're new to bowhunting, I'll tell you whats probably the biggest mistake I made early on: finding a good looking spot and giving up on it too soon. Deer move around a lot, especially arizona deer. Even a fantastic spot may not have deer in it every day. If you think your onto a good spot invest the time to know for sure. If your spot and stalk hunting that means glassing the same areas at least two or three days in a row and if You're sitting ambushes that means at least three all day sits. Thats my .02 for what its worth.

• Like 1

I still will hunt by myself when no one is around but if I have a chance to hunt with someone that is cool and don't get under my skin. I will take it u know what I mean. but thank you for the tip u know when it comes to hunting I consider myself a newbie still so any kind of advice I receive im going to soak it in like a sponge.

I'll take you out. I would love to see you get your first Deer. Give me a call.

Adam

928 595 1554

• Like 3

Hey Samuel I just moved from Tucson to south chandler and I plan on doing a little exploring to find places for December and January. I don't know anyone in the Phoenix area and I don't always like going out alone, so it'd be cool to have somebody to go with. I Have the weekends off too.

Tanner

Don't know you Adam but thank you for stepping up and helping this new hunter out. Samuel, it takes some real desire to want to learn to have the courage to openly ask for help from total strangers. I am sure you are going to learn a lot from Adam and you will be enjoying many great hunts in the future. And remember when the opportunity comes your way in the future, help out someone else who is in need. Adam, no pressure but make sure he gets to shoot a great buck!!:)

I like learning new things everyday that is apart of life you go an learn new things everyday and live life to the fullest for and with your family. Tanner ya I would join scouting around im talking to Adam right now and I know he is going to teach me a lot I don't know about deer and hunting. but when we all got time ya we all can go out scouting around im in bud and I really hope after I learn some more about everything im trying to learn I can help some one else if they have trouble or just for whatever im always willing to help other people.