YEA BABY, Drew a unit 23 late rifle bull tag! Now my son has 8 months to try to talk me out of it. He better start now! No goat tags, but who cares! I'M GOING ELK HUNTING!

Cough it up Pops ;) You got a great Buck last year

But he got to hunt Elk last year! Oh well if he keeps his grades up He will more than likely get it, nothing like hunting with your kids!

I gave my 7W rifle bull tag to my son last year. This 10 late season rifle cow tag is gonna be a little tough to let go of since he was successful with that one. Same as you though, if his grades are right, he won't have a hard time talking me out of it. If we gotta have more conversations like I had with him last night regarding missing school work, well then it looks like Dad is goin' elk huntin alone this year....

Hunting. The true great motivator of teenage boys. :lol:

Thanks for the tip on the phone lines working.

I kept getting a busy signal on the land line, but my cell phone got through right away.

No Antelope

Me and my brother drew muzzleloader cow tags in 4b.

My son did not draw a junior elk tag.

If he is real good I might just transfer my tag to him.

Thanks

This whole draw thing is has me perplexed. My youngest has not drawn a cow tag yet (it has been 3 years of trying). My oldest, who is 16 has had 2 cow tags and now was just drawn for a rifle bull tag (in a trophy unit no less). I've had one bull tag in 11 years.

I guess it is a total crap shoot.

I drew my 3rd choice archery bull in unit 4B. I have never heard of that. Has anyone heard of an Archery bull tag being drawn for a third choice?

I find it hard to believe you could get any bull tag on a 3rd choice. And this one, considering the odds of drawing with 1st and 2nd choice was 15% last year? Are you sure?

just yankin your chain. I got my second choice. Someone did that to me last year and it sure screwed with my head

No antelope for my family this year. Puts me at 10 bonus points and my dad at 16!!!

Oh well I guess I will need to spend my time on my 7W archery bull hunt and my dads 6b late rifle bull hunt!!!!

First elk tags in my family in 5 years!!!

I got drawn for archery bull in unit 5A! No Antelope for me yet. My wife got skunked on Antelope and Elk. She's not going to like that. Heck we'll just have to get her another great draw for deer.

Well 1 out of 2 aint bad, I got drawn for 6B (Camp Navajo) Archery early cow (5th tag in 6 years) and my son did not get drawn for elk so he is pretty bummed. At least he can tag along and help his dad out. Congrats to all who were drawn now lets fill the tags and have a shortage on tag soup this year!@#$%^&

Alright,

When my wife and I were married, we made an agreement to make sure that when we have kids, we will make sure that we don't "try" if there's a chance they could be born around hunting season, just for this particular instance.

The instance:

My neice, after only applying for two years to put in for elk, at age 11, drew an early rifle bull tag. Hunt start date: September 28th. Wife's due date: October 2nd. :angry:

Someone up above must know what He is doing. It was definitly not a plan to start having kids yet. A complete surprise. We ended up being the 1% that the pill wouldn't help. Oh, okay, I guess I am more excited about having my first little one. :rolleyes: But man, what a temptation.

Not to mention, my neices dad (my brother) drew a Nov. Bull tag too. I plan on being there for that one. Congratulations to all successful applicants!

I got my 19A antelope early archery tag! Now the fun begins.