Hey Jim I just watched Extreme Bulls 4 the other day for the first time and seen that Bull. Great job on the hunt and Video footage.

Never Killed an ELK , I need to come Hunt with You Guys.

Hey Coosefan

I saw that hunt on that last bull in the pics on extreme bulls.

Thats pretty cool.

BTW.... You look a little thinner in that video. :o :o :lol:

While archery hunting deer north of Payson a few years ago. It was labor day, around 7a.m., sitting in my double bull blind when two cats approached my water hole. I drew back as they walked by but I couldn't release because they were side by side and a pass thru would have hit both. Also, 35yrds was farther than anything I had ever killed and was out of my comfort zone. No camera, and who was going to believe this was running thru my mind as they drank. I had made up my mind I wouldn't attempt a shot. Then the cats turned and headed right towards my blind. They were there before I had a chance to pull my bow back. They circled the side I had brushed-up with no windows open. I opened a window and the only thing seperating me from the cats were a few sticks and brush. It startled me so bad I dropped the window and the lions continued on around behind me. That is when I got up out of my chair and opened the back flap. There, standing 8 yrds away looking in at me, was I dreaming? :o With one motion I drew as I knelt on one knee and released. I shook so bad and my mind was in fast forward. I don't remember aiming. Had I missed? Was it a bad hit? Were both lions waiting on me? I was a reck! After 20 minutes I climbed out and saw some blood. I drove back to camp and returned with my father to find the cat 75yrds away. :)

post-1903-1177450021_thumb.jpg

Heres some pics of my friend Steve and his daughter Brittany on her 42 junior hunt also my 2 girls having fun. The dates are wrong on the pics I'm sure you have had that happen before.post-1636-1177460300_thumb.jpg

post-1636-1177460239_thumb.jpgpost-1636-1177460196_thumb.jpg

Hey tjhunt2, That had to be an incredible experience! :o...Great story & congratulations on a beutiful cat.

jnobleinaz, Awesome picture with the kids.

tjhunt2 that is an awesome story!!! Keep up the good work.

Johnt that is a great muley also. Great to see the girls out there enjoying the outdoors.

Hey HuntnCoues.......I KNOW I've gotten FAT.......you don't need to remind me!

Johnny....You guys and the girls beat the odds on that hunt! Great buck for sure and awesome photos!

tjhunt....That scenario has played out in my mind a thousand times while sitting a waterhole......I'm glad to hear it actually happened to you! What a rush that must have been.....my adrenaline was flowin' just reading about it! Thanks, JIM>

Great story Tom and That is one of my favorite pictures. Thanks for sharing it with everyone.

I remember that day well, It must have been 3 or 4 hours latter you showed up at my house with the kitty and you were still a wreck :lol:

Your Dads story of you coming into camp is great too.

You could not evan talk

He was asking, What!!!, What!!! :unsure:

Deer? Head shake, NO

Turkey? Head shake, NO

What!!!!

Liiii, Liii, Liiiooon :lol:

LION?? :o

Head shake, yes :lol:

What great fun.

Hope I get that chance some day

Mike

Milke, thanks for finishing the story. I tried to keep it short. There's no doubt that it will happen to you with the amount of time you spend out there. I just hope I'm there when it goes down.

My personal best hunt has to be my Desert Bighorn

2003 Unit 43A

The Ram scored 157 and was the largest ram to come out of that unit in 5 years.

I have better pictures but showed the first one to show typical sheep hunting.

Look down on the desert floor, that is a full size crew cab truck.

The second picture is of my GREAT crew. Thanks again guys

post-1778-1175002900_thumb.jpg

post-1778-1175003392_thumb.jpg

Mike, that's a great picture and when I look at that picture my lungs begin to burn all over again. What a climb that was for this fat boy.