I know what you mean I had several occasions while driving the boats upstream that one was in the river and they still baffle me on there size. I found several antlers and a couple nice ones (one was off of a moose that would have had a 59 inch spread) and I believe that the antler weighed around 15 to 20 pounds. Wish I had a scale.

That is one nice collection of coues, Jim...... and you were braggin' on our collection????? :rolleyes: You make killin' big coues look easy!!! ;) :D

ya I screwed up first time trying. I have pictures I have scanned in but they wont upload any suggestions?

Try emailing them to yourself and let the email program resize them.

Then save the picture and you should be able to upload it.

then delete it so you do not have it in your computer twice.

Works for me

Blury photos but heres a few more pictures.

found this back in Feb. of this year. near where i had shot my coues.

post-1676-1176231995_thumb.jpg

brother found this one on he's mule deer hunt.

post-1676-1176232021_thumb.jpg

My first archery kill.

post-1676-1176231668_thumb.jpg

post-1676-1176231270_thumb.jpg

buddy of mine found the one above.

i'll post some more at another time.

post-1676-1176231347_thumb.jpg

Awesome pic's Johnnie....I think I've seen a few of them before :rolleyes: Huge critters!

I went through my album and scanned a BUNCH of pic's that I haven't posted before.....these are pic's from WAY back when and some are embarrasing and most of the critters are small, but these are from the days when hunting was all about just HUNTING! Good times ;)

Here are some piggie pic's you guys haven't seen before.......they are kinda in order year by year but there are some in between that I didn't get pic's of or can't find. Thanks, JIM>

scan002100.jpg

scan001100.jpg

scan001200.jpg

scan0005-1.jpg

scan000700.jpg

scan002300.jpg

scan001000.jpg

scan0003-1.jpg

scan000900.jpg

And this is my ol' lady's first Pig....1 shot at 230 yrds with a 22-250.

scan002700.jpg

I bet those first 2 pigs were easy to pack ot :P

I was waitin' for that :P Pops always said that it takes more skill to hit the small ones ;) It took me 5 years of flingin' arrows at those boogers before one finally jumped in front of it.......I've killed a pig almost every year since I was 15 and I never get tired of it...they're a blast to hunt!

dang Jim those are small ones! but good shootin!

thats one heck of a pistol!

I'm tellin' ya...the small ones are the ones to go for......easier to pack, less you HAVE to eat, and takes more skill ;) Notice, they DO get bigger as I got older though...more fun to sneak in the middle of a herd and watch em' for as long as you can and select the one you want......I love it, but not as much as droppin' the hammer on a Coues....so my name stays the same ;)

i actually liked eating my javlina. i cant wait till i get to hunt em with a bow agian! thats a blast!

Casey, if I should decide to ever put in for one of those stinky little devils here in AZ, and should I actually decide to shoot one, I'll be sure to give you a ring!! I cannot stand even the smell of javies.. I can't think of a time I could even stomach the thought of eating one!! Every single one I've ever taken was GLADLY given by me to the welcoming arms of the local ranch hand population!! And they were just as thankful to receive them as I was to give them!!

BTW Jim, they always wanted us to shoot at least one or 2 of those weener sized piggies for their spit roast!! They loved them that size!!

I have eaten one once.....years ago! I had a little bit and as soon as I tasted that hint of "pig"....I was DONE! Since then, I clean and butcher it up nice and neat and give it away ;) They get turned into tamales and burritos and I've heard it's good.