O.K. enough of these childish games,back to pictures....Here is my 1st coues from 94 that scored 92'' & my 1st & only archery mulie from 03...I didn't score this one because it was a 4xnothin, not even a pedicle on the other side.

1coues.jpg

1mule.jpg

O.K. enough of these childish games,back to pictures....Here is my 1st coues from 94 that scored 92'' & my 1st & only archery mulie from 03...I didn't score this one because it was a 4xnothin, not even a pedicle on the other side.

1coues.jpg

1mule.jpg

Hey GTT, I remember when you shot that very nice whitetail way back in the day!! Just in case you are not sure who is responding to your pictures, I just thought I should let you know I was worried when I sold you my baby :( I was just hoping this young kid would not kill himself in that screamin fast Chevy!! It sure is nice to see your pictures :rolleyes: I still have not shot a lion yet!!!

Bret, your picture can be deciving, that does look like a big pig and it is as tall as you, but then agiain that aint sayin much :):):):)

Hey Casey,That's o.k...a 100lb pig would look like a little (red) next to you :lol:& no...it wasn't as tall as me, that's called trick photography.

Ooooh...Casey................he got ya there! :lol:

atleast i weigh 100 lbs! ;)

I know your HEAD weighs atleast that much after meeting you last year....oh yea & your back pack full of rocks too :lol:

OH SNAP! That one had to hurt.......C'mon Casey.......you can't just lay there and take it! :lol: :P

Hey HUNTMUP........I grew up with that boy, and that ol' Chevy was seriously a ticket to freedom for a couple of punk rednecks! There were countless close calls and scary rides in that truck.....luckily most were just times I heard about.......but that truck always brought us home safe.

Great pics Bret keep em coming. What engine did it have in it? I had a 1984 suburban with a 454. That thing was a thrill ride to say the least.

Hey HUNTMUP nice to hear from you.I bought that old chevy from you right out of high school & had it for 7 years.Like Jim said we had alot of fun in that truck & made alot of great memories.It means more to me than any other vehicle I've ever owned...Thanks, again

younghunter,It was an 81 chevy, 1/2 ton, s.b., 4x4,w/ a 4'' lift.It had a 350 motor,high rise intake, 4 barrel carb.,duel exhaust w/ flow masters,& a new process 208 granny 4 speed trans....It was awesome! :D

Casey,Don't listen to Jim...he's having way too much fun at our expense :lol:

That is a sweet truck Bret. I bet you did some romping around in that. Also that whitetail is a nice looking buck and the muley is unique with only have the 1 pedicle.

I am sure glad that that truck ended up in your hands and it brought you many years of freedom. I invested alot of time in the motor and drive train and to say that it was fast would not do it justice. I remember more than once lookin in the rear view mirror at a 454SS "2wd" trying to keep up ;) I have been meaning to give you a call but it seems like I am always busy at work and have been out of state quite a bit lately. I did however get a Bull elk archery tag this year PM me when you have time I would like to pick your brain a little. I am planning on sponsoring another table this year at the RMEF banquet and if I do not see you before then I am sure I will at the dinner. Oh and congrats on your bull last year!! every bow harvest is truly a great accomplishment and I know you invested a lot of time in that hunt!!

Hey Bret,

that's one helluva first coues.

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Hey Bret, didnt you shoot a 90+" whitetail IN THE ANTLER?? after missing him once? :D:D:D:D

looks like you drilled that muley though!

Thanks shortpants & younghunter.

Shortpants,I actually shot that buck on the run after he jumped up from his bed...That was the first & only time I've seen a deer (sneek) like a cat too :oHe was side hilling about a 150 yds across from me & all I saw was that he had a good frame.I laid down, put the cross hairs in (front) of the shoulder & hit him in the heart...lucky maybe,but I'll take it ;) I had no idea how big he was until I walked up to him but I knew even back then, that he would be hard to beat...13 years later & I'm still trying.

Casey, Actually it was 105+ & Yes I'll be the 1st to admit I got serious BUCK FEVER on a BUCK OF A LIFETIME.It was Jan. of 05'' & myself & coosefan were trying our luck at spot & stalk coues again....I glassed him up one morning & we watched him feed over the ridge w/ his doe about 900 yds away.Coosefan stayed back while I made the stalk. After about an hour I was about 100 yds from where we last saw him. All of a sudden here he came following the doe back over & bedded 75 yds above me :o I had the wind right & continued to close the gap.I picked a boulder I thought would get me to within 25 yds, & crawled to it.Once I got there I slowly peeked over & saw the tips of his antlers & he was facing my direction :unsure:I was now within bow range of the biggest buck I have ever seen!!!I came to full draw & stepped out,there was alot of brush covering his vitals so I grunted at him trying to get him to stand.We had a stand off for what seemed like a couple of minutes..I finally picked a spot where his shoulder would have been & shot right over him! :o He busted out of there & stopped,now he was around 35 yds,I already had another arrow knocked & drew back....WHACK! I hit him right at the base of his right antler :unsure: :o He ran down the hill & shook the arrow loose in the bottom, found his doe & chased her over the ridge like nothing ever happened :blink: :unsure: Moral of this story....TRY not to look at the rack :lol:, relax,don't rush it,pick your spot,& make the shot!I didn't get near that rattled on my archery mule deer, but I had 3 1/2 hours to think about it on my stalk.This one happened really fast & it's a COUES!!!what else can I say :D

There you happy Casey! :P

Here is the buck that got away...Jim took these pic's through the spotting scope before I made the stalk.Hope you enjoy,great pic's everyone...Bret

bigone008.jpg

GTT if it makes you feal better I had a stalk on a nice buck on that same hill! Made my loop around through the washes and started my climb towards the top. Dropped my fanny pack off about 100 yards away from where the buck was bedded and started my final stalk. Got to 31 yards from the yucca he was bedded behind. When I started to draw he stood up and started to walk. I got to about 3/4 draw and I accidently hit the release sending the arrow into the ground hitting a rock and having it ricoched (sp?) going about 10 feet over his back. After the shot I knew I just had an opprotunity of a life time. I sat down and thought about it for a minute and then decided I better get back to the guys up on the perch. You may know this buck as it was the one that Jerry missed. Only thing is that it isn't a 105+ buck just an 80ish buck.

CopyofPC180025.jpg

th_PC180027.jpg

younghunter, LIVE & LEARN ;) ....it just makes us better hunters.

Here are a couple more of my favorites....My wifes 1st javelina & my sons 1st brownie both from this year.

Jav.jpg

3-18-07035.jpg

Hey Bret, look at it this way.. on the second shot you hit exactly where you were aiming! thats better than me, id prolly never get that close!