I came down with 'the fever' just over a year ago. I've spend my life outdoors, but never realized what I was missing until a little camouflage cupid shot me in the butt last January.

Since then I've become diehard.

Here is my first big game animal, also the sheds (to another buck) that I found 4 months earlier less than 100 yards from where I eventually shot this buck.

post-1107-1175051375_thumb.jpg

I've become a rabid shed hunter (what? I've got a viszla that demands to be run EVERY morning!)

post-1107-1175051482_thumb.jpg

None of my successes would have been possible without the help of my new father-in-law, Ernie. It's wonderful marrying a beautiful woman, little did I know I was doubly lucky in inheriting 30 years of bowhunting knowledge.

Here is Ernie with his 06' monster non-typical bull elk.

post-1107-1175051663_thumb.jpg

Great pics guys, there are some animals being posted on this thread that are making me drool especially that mountain goat, and big horns.[attachme

t=2593:deer_2006.jpg]

These pics just make me remember how glad and lucky I am to live in a state with such great hunting diversity.All three of these were in the last year.

Josh, Are those the sheds from Nicks bull?

NeoLaquachi, Great looking coues and I like that big bull also. Some great trophys from the rest of you guys. My boy is just getting old enough to hunt with me, so I should have some father and son pics soon. I had a lot of fun hunting this particular pig. I have shot a bunch of them, but this one stands out for some reason.

Dsc08885.jpg

Of course, this is one of my proudest moments. I spent a ton of time and effort to harvest this fine bull. Plus my family was patient in letting me do my thing. Younghunter touched up this picture for me, and I think it turned out great. First pic was a couple weeks before my hunt started.

Dsc09521.jpg

bullelk377.jpg

Here is the finished product. It came out great. I only have about an inch to spare at the ceiling. When I shoot my next one, I will do a pedestal mount. David

IMG_9344.jpg

IMG_9345.jpg

IMG_9343.jpg

Hey Josh, that's wild you posted that pic of those sheds.....I'm friends with the guy that killed that bull and was just talking to him last weekend about those sheds! That was an awesome story you wrote about finding those sheds and seeing that bull alive........It just blows me away that you were able to find such a "needle in the haystack" like those sheds! Great job, awesome pic's! JIM>

Thanks Jim, I was way bummed he got killed but that's the way it goes. I'm way happy to have the sheds though!! I got another shed off of him last summer too from a couple years before my big set. Pretty awesome stuff!

Here's a pic of me and my daughter at san carlos. she had a blast catching all the crappie. Pics a little blurry cause i had to use a scanner. Pic was from last year.

post-610-1175054166.jpg

Hey Josh, that's wild you posted that pic of those sheds.....I'm friends with the guy that killed that bull and was just talking to him last weekend about those sheds! That was an awesome story you wrote about finding those sheds and seeing that bull alive........It just blows me away that you were able to find such a "needle in the haystack" like those sheds! Great job, awesome pic's! JIM>

Thanks Jim, I was way bummed he got killed but that's the way it goes. I'm way happy to have the sheds though!! I got another shed off of him last summer too from a couple years before my big set. Pretty awesome stuff!

Hey Josh, you worked alot harder for YOUR set! :ph34r: No offense Nicky :P but you know it's true :P What have you done with those sheds Josh? Do you leave them in the condition you find em', or stain and mount them somehow?

Hey Neo, you look like that buck kicked your butt? That is one of my dreams.... a big velvet Coues...fricken awesome! What did Ernies bull score? That's a beautiful animal right there! Keep em' coming guys......I'm lovin' it, JIM>

Here is another one of my favorite pics, shot this bull in 2005 with my Dad.

post-1889-1175057951_thumb.jpg

Here's a good one for me.....this is my AZ '06 buck and was/is my biggest Az buck so far. This was my first real backpack hunt....or at least it started as one....and was my first Coues hunt with Shortpants. I think the one thing I always remember about it was that I had my dad on the cell phone and he helped me decide which buck out of three bedded bucks I should take, and he was able to hear me shoot and talk him through everything that was happening!

35B12.jpg

Hey Josh, you worked alot harder for YOUR set! :ph34r: No offense Nicky :P but you know it's true :P What have you done with those sheds Josh? Do you leave them in the condition you find em', or stain and mount them somehow?

Jim,

Those sheds sit right here next to my computer desk in a pile of some of my other favorites I've found. Would never EVER consider staining them but would like to put them on a bull skull that I boiled and cut the horns off of one of these days. Prolly never will though. They are a kick-butt set of antlers! Major bummer the droubt of '02 kicked his butt so bad or they'd be REALLY big antlers. They're over 390" as they are but they don't weigh a thing. No complaints though, since I couldn't get the rack I'm way happy with the antlers. For those of you who haven't seen the live footage I took of this bull back in July of '03 here's a few stills.

post-3-1175059601.jpg

post-3-1175059614.jpg

post-3-1175059622.jpg

2001 was a really good year for me. here is rocky my lope from that year. he was 16.4" on one side and 16.0" on the other.

that same year I also drew a Dec whitetail tag. here is the buck from that hunt. I harvested him on my 8th day of hunting. it was the first year I truly learned, accepted and was willing to pass on smaller bucks in order to hold out for something bigger.

post-268-1175060364_thumb.jpg

post-268-1175060449.jpg

Here's some pics of some muleys we took last year. The first pic is of a good friend of mine. This

was from an archery hunt last September. Notice the shorts, good ole Bill forgot his camo's and we

had to put the stalk through all the cactus with him in his shorts. LMAO...

All these pics were taken off my phone so be easy about the quality.

post-1274-1175090299_thumb.jpg

The next pic is of another close friend Joe. This is from last year as well. My wife and Joe had the same tags last yr.

post-1274-1175090345_thumb.jpg

And here is a pic of my wifes first deer last yr. She made an amazing shot on this buck and you can see she is all

smiles. There are so many pics that I consider trophies and I am having an awesome time just thinking back on them and well -heck I will post some more later.

post-1274-1175090375_thumb.jpg

Here are a few of pics of critters that my wife has harvested in the last few years. She was lucky enough to draw rifle bull tags in '04 & '06 and a Dec. Whitetail tag in '04 as well. I sure am proud to have a wife that not only supports my addiction to hunting, but also gets out there and wants to harvest big critters, too!

post-996-1175095327_thumb.jpg

post-996-1175095537_thumb.jpg

post-996-1175095889_thumb.jpg

My first trophy quality animal... since ya all don't think cow elk are trophy's and all... :D

bear_2.jpg

bear_1.jpg

bear.jpg

Dang, there are some awesome critters on here! CnS...you are a lucky man........she's killed some GREAT critters! Beautiful bears guys...and BIG ones at that! Here's a couple of our bears.....first one is my spot-n-stalk archery bear and is one of my all-time fav's..........the second is my Bro-n-law's 21" monster!

scan0024.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg