Here is one of my favorites...I got this lion back in Jan. of 04'' while I was archery coues hunting down south with a good friend of mine Jim a.k.a.(coosefan).We were glassing for deer one afternoon about 100 yds apart when Jim called me on the radio & said(I think I got a lion).I was in disbelief but confident...if anyone was going to glass up a lion it would be him ;).I started scanning the same general area & it seemed like only a minute went by before he called back & said(it moved, it's a lion, go get your gun!!) :o .I called him back & said(I gotta see it!).I remember sneeking over to him, looking in his 15's, & it took a moment before it appeared :o ....it was bedded facing away & looking back over its shoulder in our direction,man do they blend in!My heart was racing even more now!I jumped on the quad, almost wrecked a couple times getting to camp but made it there & back in about 15 minutes with my 22-250.As soon as I could see Jim again he gave me the thumbs up...(yes! it's still there).Once I got to him I asked him if he wanted to shoot it & he said (this ones yours) :o :D .Needless to say he didn't have to twist my arm too hard, I think I said (are you sure BOOM!!!), just kidding.We ranged the cat at 225 yds. & I got set up for the shot.The 1st shot was HIGH! :o , the 2nd LOW! :o , & when it finally got up to walk away I hit it behind the shoulder & flipped it over!Talk about waiting until the last possible moment...I guess you could say I got a real bad case of lion fever!I'm just glad it stuck around until I connected.Thanks again for all your help Jim...Bret

Lion.jpg

Hey Bret, that was a GOOD day! One to tell the grandkids for sure ;) I will always remember watching that cat laying on her back with all four paws pointin' skyward, trying to keep her eyes open to watch me, but she kept falling asleep! She had been eating a nasty dead cow that was in the wash below her and her belly was huge and full of the rancid meat! She was definitely content and thought she was hidden..........until Bret laid the "smack down" on her! She was old with hardly any teeth left......we figured that was why she resorted to eating rank maggot infested cow! Here is my favorite pic.......

BretsKitty-1.jpg

Thinkin' about Bret's cat reminded me about my "one-day" pig hunt I had this year. That pic of Bret holding his cat was taken about 100 yrds behind me in this Javi. pic! I kinda like that spot :P JIM>

jimbos2007pig067-1.jpg

I seem to recall that spot. I believe that my dad and I killed our deer this year about 600 yards away from where that pig and lion were taken :P

And this is probably my favorite pig picture.......it is the biggest and was the most rewarding, hard earned pig to date for me. GTT was the camera man on this one.........his pig was laying in back of the truck already! JIM>

Mullins2043.jpg

Mullins2040.jpg

I seem to recall that spot. I believe that my dad and I killed our deer this year about 600 yards away from where that pig and lion were taken :P

Naaah...there aint no pigs or kitties anywhere near where you guys killed.........or DEER for that matter! :ph34r:

Naaah...there aint no pigs or kitties anywhere near where you guys killed.........or DEER for that matter! :ph34r:

Your right I don't know what I was thinking

Yea Jim, that was a great day & the 1st time we both shot pigs on the same day...those are my favorite pig pic's as well.I still think mine was bigger than Jim's though, just look at the 1st pic :P

PIGSBUCK002.jpg

PIGSBUCK003.jpg

Man those are some big pigs. Pretty good Javalina as well. :lol:

Jim

:lol: :blink: :ph34r: easy there Pops.......I'm kinda sensitive about my recent weight gain :P

the deer part is for sure! i recall spending 3 mornings in the same spot with out spotting a buck until 3 illegals spooked one up right from underneath Christian's and mines' noses!

That was a good one Pops :lol:

I should come clean on the (my pig was bigger than Jims) comment.If you havn't already noticed I'm not a very big guy so that helped in making it look so HUGE! But knowing how to take good pic's helps too :D His was bigger LOL... :P

Bret, your picture can be deciving, that does look like a big pig and it is as tall as you, but then agiain that aint sayin much :):):):)