Sign in to follow this  
chase_christopher

Alaska Moose Film

Guest 300ultramag.

welcome to the site Chase! havent seen Jay on here in a bit.....

sweet footage!

• Like 1

AMAZING! Congrats on a great adventure and a beautiful moose!!

• Like 1

Great vid! So if I can only afford one moose hunt in my life, I'm guessing the odds for tagging one like that with a bow are slim?

• Like 1

That was a fantastic video. I watched a few of your others. AMAZING footage!

Any idea what happened to your first arrow with the NM Bull? The video never showed the shot placement.

Adam

• Like 1

Great vid! So if I can only afford one moose hunt in my life, I'm guessing the odds for tagging one like that with a bow are slim?

There were a few guys in base camp that shot their bulls with archery tackle. It's definitely possible. And the good thing is that you can carry both, just in case the bull is a monster and just out of bow range.

• Like 1

That was a fantastic video. I watched a few of your others. AMAZING footage!

Any idea what happened to your first arrow with the NM Bull? The video never showed the shot placement.

Adam

Thanks Adam! The first shot was very close (5-6yrds). He was still walking at a decent pace, all of my pins were buried at what i thought was behind his shoulder. I ended up hitting him high and back, and he was slightly quartering to me. It was a very intense moment and i screwed it up. Plus, the small expandable broadhead didn't perform well. I back to my trusty fixed blade, 125 heads now.

Congratulations on a beautiful moose. Great footage.....I love Alaska. I can't wait to go back. Two years ago I shot a small 40 inch moose on DIY hunt. Next time I will hold out for a bigger one. Enjoy all that great meat, nothing better.

• Like 1

Awesome bull! Looks like it was a heck of a walk with that prehistoric rack on your pack. It appeared his forehead was all scarred up, must have been a brawler.

• Like 1

Awesome bull! Looks like it was a heck of a walk with that prehistoric rack on your pack. It appeared his forehead was all scarred up, must have been a brawler.

It was some nasty scar tissue, rock hard like bone. I can't figure out how to upload a photo to comment or else i would show you. I select a .jpg file to upload, it shows uploading, and then says "no file was selected for upload"