PRDATR

Will we lose Oak Flat Campground to Mining?

300ultramag., that sounds different than how I interpreted you before.

It sounded like the whole town would get sick and suffer from a high rate of cancer, but for the poor and elderly, that is probably their fate, regardless if they live in a trailer park in Superior or South Phoenix.

Maybe they will have the money to leave once their property values recover when workers want to move nearby and get a place to live. Tons of poor folks moved to Bisbee, Ajo, Jerome and Superior once the mines closed and land values collapsed. The miners who tramped to the next mine could afford to sell for pennies because they had good jobs to move to.

If someone is doing a job in which they can be replaced by a non-English speaking, unskilled laborer, and the employer is motivated by a measly and hypothetical $3,000 tax credit, then perhaps that person should take hard look at himself and figure out what he can do to better his situation, his skills, and his marketability.

• Like 1

If someone is doing a job in which they can be replaced by a non-English speaking, unskilled laborer, and the employer is motivated by a measly and hypothetical $3,000 tax credit, then perhaps that person should take hard look at himself and figure out what he can do to better his situation, his skills, and his marketability.

Well said!

• Like 1

Sure. We will all forget about our trades that took years to gain experience. We can all enroll in MIT, get our PHD's, and hope we won't be replaced by the lawbreakers that were forced upon us by the Radical left.

Sounds logical to me.

Sure. We will all forget about our trades that took years to gain experience.

Someone obviously doesn't know the meaning of "unskilled."

You're promoting fear mongering from the far right. Others have already explained why the hysteria has virtually no basis in fact and doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. The $3,000 "tax credit" you mentioned is associated with the ACA employer penalties and is something that employers might hypothetically rely on, but it's not going to be something that drives them to make a business decision to employ the undocumented...especially the unskilled who increase their potential liability ten-fold.

Sure. We will all forget about our trades that took years to gain experience.

Someone obviously doesn't know the meaning of "unskilled."

You're promoting fear mongering from the far right. Others have already explained why the hysteria has virtually no basis in fact and doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. The $3,000 "tax credit" you mentioned is associated with the ACA employer penalties and is something that employers might hypothetically rely on, but it's not going to be something that drives them to make a business decision to employ the undocumented...especially the unskilled who increase their potential liability ten-fold.

Not everyone that is in this country illegally is unskilled. This is not fear mongering, but an assessment of articles, and opinions, of some very educated, and intelligent people, who are not on the far right. It is not my theory, or something that I decided to pull out of thin air. Just something I happen to agree with. I'm not saying it's right, but with the way this country is headed, it is something to seriously think about.

Getting back on topic of the mine. I am all for good jobs, especially those that can pay a good living wage, when there are not many available these days.. I don't have anything against mines, Just certain foreign business and politicians.

Wow this is taking a stupid turn. Its land a small chunk of land being traded for another chunk of land. Sure, there is some recreational activities that will be lost in that small area. The trade off is good paying jobs with a minimal environmental impact(as far as mining goes) If there is such a health issue why didn't the folks of superior leave years ago since they have mines literally right in town? I don't think we really have to worry about illegal's "taking" these American jobs, as they are not qualified and the mine will not risk the liability to save a few bucks on labor. And if there are foreigners that do get some of these jobs its because they are more educated and experienced.

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone, I think one thing we can agree on is NO to the unprecedented Obama amnesty sham.

I hope everyone is able to enjoy an extra day off or two!

• Like 1

Well every post I read today is about cause and effect of OVERPOPULATION. When will we do something about the real reason why we need to dig up, cut down, blade up, etc. more of mother earth to feed, water and provide toys ie. more copper for whatever to ever increasing masses.

Sounds like Pima County!