trphyhntr

Furthest North Youve Seen a Border Crosser?

Obama definition of a crosser is: if you can get across the border then I will change your name from crosser to voter.

• Like 3

Out lion hunting my buddy and I found one hanging in a mesquite tree.

Out lion hunting my buddy and I found one hanging in a mesquite tree.

Go on...

Yep. Continue please.

We were hunting in the wetstones in a wash following lion tracks. I come around a corner and I see a jacket in a tree. As I got closer to I realized this jacket has legs. My buddy and I look at each other like wtf. We called bp and they laughed about it and said to call the sheriff's department. We met up with them and took them to it. It was a long day. Didn't home until after midnight. If it ever happens again I didn't see nothing.

Wow. Sad to hear.

I have a story just about as opposite of that as you could get.

Summer of 2013, I was on a very remote site in southern AZ, just south of Boboquivari Peak. It was helo access only, and we would fly up on Monday morning and get dropped off, work all week, and get picked up and fly down on Friday afternoon.

About week 3, Tuesday afternoon, we see someone walking up the ridge towards our site. Not sure who was coming, I grabbed my pistol and AR. Turns out it is a 12 year old girl who got separated from her coyote led group and they just left her. She was seriously just about dead from dehydration. We gave her some ice to start rehydrating her, and took a few hours but got her drinking water and Gatorade. We called BP on the Sat phone we had, and they asked if she had guns or drugs with her. We told them no and they would not come get her. So she stayed in a spare tent the rest of the week, we fed her with shared food, and on Friday, we flew her down. BD met us at the bottom, and took her back to Mexico to some relatives.

I am 100% convinced if we would not have been working up there, she would have died. God put us up there at the right time. I cannot imagine my 12 year old daughter, alone in the southern AZ desert in July.

I understand both sides of the immigration issue. 95% of the people coming over just want a way to better their lives, but have no clue on how to do it legally. Plus, the bureaucracy of doing so must be a nightmare. But it still does not excuse the illegal influx of people, and I cannot condone it.

• Like 3

That is quite the opposite story. What kind of work were you doing down there?

Wow. Sad to hear.

I have a story just about as opposite of that as you could get.

Summer of 2013, I was on a very remote site in southern AZ, just south of Boboquivari Peak. It was helo access only, and we would fly up on Monday morning and get dropped off, work all week, and get picked up and fly down on Friday afternoon.

About week 3, Tuesday afternoon, we see someone walking up the ridge towards our site. Not sure who was coming, I grabbed my pistol and AR. Turns out it is a 12 year old girl who got separated from her coyote led group and they just left her. She was seriously just about dead from dehydration. We gave her some ice to start rehydrating her, and took a few hours but got her drinking water and Gatorade. We called BP on the Sat phone we had, and they asked if she had guns or drugs with her. We told them no and they would not come get her. So she stayed in a spare tent the rest of the week, we fed her with shared food, and on Friday, we flew her down. BD met us at the bottom, and took her back to Mexico to some relatives.

I am 100% convinced if we would not have been working up there, she would have died. God put us up there at the right time. I cannot imagine my 12 year old daughter, alone in the southern AZ desert in July.

I understand both sides of the immigration issue. 95% of the people coming over just want a way to better their lives, but have no clue on how to do it legally. Plus, the bureaucracy of doing so must be a nightmare. But it still does not excuse the illegal influx of people, and I cannot condone it.

Kudo's to you. As much as I despise illegal immigration, I hate to see anyone die in the process. Family never knowing what happened to them. Especially kids. I have no sympathy for what happens to the criminal riff raff element that comes across.

• Like 1

That is quite the opposite story. What kind of work were you doing down there?

Radio communication site for PCSD.

Seen em all the way up into canada. They drive mercedes, sip starbucks and complain about work wages and obama. C'mon guys... whens the last time you ever had to make a sacrifice as some of these people trying to better their family situation? Never. Would you ever even think about crossing that desert with only a gallon or two of water? Yes you get the cartels and drug runners. They are a major problem. beating a dead horse....

On the other hand i know the WM out in 42. Seen people willing to work for peanuts and send em back to their family after a 10+ day hike north of the i- 10. Oh, the american dream... A slice of the old apple pie. Thank and think about a latino every single bite. 99.9% sure he or she picked it.

Lancetkenyon. You did a God-like act for that little girl. Thank you! I would do the same if the roles were reversed.

• Like 1

I Helped AZ Hunters Who Care clean up a huge illegal alien layup near Lake Pleasant a few years back. There were over 5000 backpacks and water jugs along with clothes for as far as the eye could see. If I remember right we filled up two 40 yard dumpsters and still didn't get it all.

seen lots of illegal activity in lake pleasant area before. i remember a few years back a coyote dropped off a bunch of illegals in the middle of the summer. there was a huge scramble to pick them all up before they expired