Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Powder at Bruno's

I stopped by Bruno's on Friday and they had a fair amount of powder in stock. I picked up some RL-17 since it was on sale for $22 a pound. David

I picked up some H4350, and some of the same for another member on here this week. It has been a long time since I have seen it on the shelves.

It seems like they are usually a touch higher priced than other places, but at least they have what I needed, without having to scour the internet and pay shipping and Haz-Mat fees. Bullets are usually cheaper at Bruno's than other stores though.

Did you happen to see any retumbo?

Their website shows out of stock, and it is usually pretty up to date.

Did you happen to see any retumbo?

My buddy called them Friday at 2:30 and they had some. He got down there and the customer in front of him bought it all. If you do call and they have it, pay for it over the phone and they will hold it until you get there. I have picked up lots of items at one time for other members and friends who just paid up front. David

Here we go again...

I don't feel $30/lb. is "way overpriced". It might be $3-5 more a lb. than other stores, but when you factor in shipping and Haz-mat fees, it is cheaper. Plus, at least you can walk in and GET it. I appreciate them having it on their shelves for me to pick up. Especially if you are buying it in 1 lb. bottles to try out new recipes. Who wants to pay $8 shipping and $25 Haz-mat fees on one lb.? You are looking at $58/lb. then.

If you don't like Bruno's prices, then don't buy from them. It leaves more opportunities for guys like me to be able to get the stock on hand for ourselves.

If you are buying 8lbs. at a time, it makes sense to go elsewhere. You can save $10 by ordering it online and waiting 7-10 days to get it in the mail. But I would rather have it now than wait for $10. The cost difference is only $1/day. Worth every penny to me. Plus I like my money going to a small AZ based shop, not a huge corporate monster who sends my money out of state.

Bass Pro has the worst prices of all. They want $32 for a lb of R15 $35 for a box of .308 amax bullets.

Sportsmans gets $28 and $28.95 for the same.

Is it just me or does everyone else find that guy who runs Brunos not very friendly?? He acts like he is totally annoyed when you ask him question about something and he plays stupid and says he know nothing about the product; which I find very difficult to believe. His customer service skills are non existent.

I have noticed the same thing with them being annoyed, but last trip in they rocked and I spent 350.00 . I guess when your married to your work you get short at times, I know I do at work. No matter what I always said they are the best reloading store in town.

• Like 1

Depends on which guy. It is a family run business, and when I am in there, I can tell who the siblings are by listening to them. Sounds like my sister and I squabbling at times. But, if you actually get to know them, they are all pretty friendly. I get a smile and greeted by name when I walk in each time. They have even called me out of the blue when an item came in that I had been looking for for over a year. No waiting list, they just remembered I was looking for it, and knew my first name. Looked me up in their customer list and called me. How is THAT for customer service???

Here is the kicker. I am not making excuses for poor customer service to the average shopper. Service is king in a market where everyone sells the same stuff. But.....This is not the type of shop for Joe Blow who knows nothing about reloading to go into. With a very limited staff, and as busy as they are with other customers (internet, phone, in store), they have a hard time spending 15 minutes going over every powder/bullet option if the customer has not done their own research.

I go in and peruse the shelves, and pick up what I know I want. I hear tons of people in there with questions like "which powders work best for my .30-06?" Way too may variables to that answer: Intended use? Bullet brand? Bullet weight? Location? Temp sensitive? Barrel length? Etc. to give an all-in-one answer. And one man's opinion is going to be different than the next guy. Do your research BEFORE you get there and have at least an idea of what you want.

Again, I love Bruno's. No nonsense, and usually has a plethora of items in stock that no one else has. You pay a bit more, but not a ton, and not on every item. I just bought another member some powder at Sportsman's this week and paid $30 per pound that he could not find on the east side. Berger & Sierra bullets are usually $1-4/box cheaper than anywhere else.

i wouldnt mind paying an extra 10 bucks if something is always in stock. Buy I also the first time I went in there i definately got the cold shoulder from people in ;there...they were not friendly at all and when I was new to reloading i definately had just a few questions and they make it seem like i was bothering them so I never went back....Several other places now have powder and are more than happy to help you out.

Its just like going to Ross Outdoors. Doesnt matter how busy they are those dudes will answer your questions as best as they can and also BS with you while they still work on bows. Thats why we only do Archery business with them..

• Like 1

I've had good luck every time I've gone in there with the service, good guys. Yes, prices may be a bit higher, but it's a specialty shop so that's pretty standard. They're not too crazy high of prices though.

• Like 1