Sign in to follow this  
KaibabHunter

Desert Hail Mary

It's been a long time comin but I arrowed my first mule deer yesterday. I've passed on some young bucks but not this time. I hunted for 8 days earlier this month with 2-3 close calls including passing on a forky at 12 yards. I went out last week closer to home with only a couple of does seen. After the big rain on Monday I had almost talked myself out of going but left at 4 am to venture deeper into a unit I'm trying to get more experience in. Glassed til 11 then decided to do or die on water due to the amount of sign on it pre rain. I didn't have high hopes. Was in my blind by 1:30, asleep by 1:40 and woke up to slurping noises at 2:30 at 10 yards and had my buck. There's a couple guys I met on this site years ago that have been a huge help to me with desert mulies over the years - thanks!

image_1.jpg

• Like 13

Congratulations! Great job staying with it. You never know when a buck is going to pop up this time of year, just got to be out there to make it happen.

Congrats on your first arrowed mulie! Way to stick with it and get the job done!

Nice, wish I could do that!

Awesome buck! Way to stick it out!