Azlongears

Touch and Go on the Kaibab......

Dogman and I headed to the North Rim for a lion race this past week. And that is exactally what we got!!!

We turned out on a female track first thing in the morning and the dogs trailed her 3 miles up a canyon till they couldn't work it anymore. During our race up the canyon we must have kicked out this tom because on our way back to the truck, the hounds hit him fresh on top of all our tracks from the way up!!! They blew out of there hot on his trail and it was all we could do to keep up.

They had him caught in about an hour in a spot neither Dogman nor I wanted to deal with.

Hap walked about a 30 foot ledge that was 10 inches wide and 200 feet straight off to the bottom of the canyon to get to at this lion. He was the only dog that followed the lion out there and was too scared to come back across the ledge to us.

We had to get all of the other hounds out of there and go find some rope to rescue the star of the show. Everything worked out, and we all made it back safe. We figured the lion to be a nice mature tom, took some pictures and called it a day. It was a pretty amazing expereince, thanks again Randy.

post-192-1176080229_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176080256_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176080277_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176080304_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176080330_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176080355_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176080387_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176080414_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176080437_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176082407_thumb.jpg

post-192-1176080469_thumb.jpg

Andy those pics are awesome. I can't believe the country you run your dogs in!!! They are studs for sure.

Love the Pics!! Do you guys ever lose dogs off the cliffs? Did you pass on that lion because it was so steep of country?

Randy & Andy...... Those are AWESOME pics!!!! What a Day! Too, bad you did't get to smoke that nice Kitty Cat..... That, Hap is one Bad A$$ dog! I'd a shot the cat just to be sure he didn't get the dog..... :blink: :D Anyhow, alls well that ends well. :D Thanks for sharing...... That last pick is one that needs to be Copy Righted..... it is a dandy! ;)

Way Cool Andy and Dogman! Thanks for the pics! Some amazing dogs and a pretty smart lion finding a spot you guys couldn't get him even when he was cornered!

Amanda

I've seen a bison running wild on the Kaibab, wonder if it was from the same herd?

Very nice pics, that is some rough country!

KP

were did you see those buffalo my good friend has that tag for this weekend on the houserock, mike

They were standing in the road near the east side game trail. Between there and the HQ. Way up Rock Canyon we saw some fresh tracks while running our dogs.

were did you see those buffalo my good friend has that tag for this weekend on the houserock, mike

They were standing in the road near the east side game trail. Between there and the HQ. Way up Rock Canyon we saw some fresh tracks while running our dogs.

thanks for the info. I'll pass it on. he will be up there hunting them with a bow this weekend. mike

:blink: Thoes pictures are soooo coool! B) Way to go guys! Thanks for sharing!

Lance