Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Trouble posting pics

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have posted pictures many times. I hit browse and then attach this file which it brings up my picture like 112-0894.JPG/245.21KB but when I try to add to post nothing happens. It does say 64MB max. single file size.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

TJ

post-1903-0-88803800-1422840207_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I only used this picture as a test and not sure why it showed up when I can't see it on my topic as I'm making it.

TJ

Newbie here. When I was reading how to post pics, which I haven't yet, it said to preview post to see your pics before you post them.

I've found that most digital cameras take really big pictures. Before I post any pix here I open them up in Adobe photoshop, go to Image/Image Size. The default size under Print Size is 60x45 inches. By changing the width to 10, the height adjusts to 7.5. Then I select File/Save for Web, which allows me to save as gif, jpeg or png formats and the resulting file size is shown in the lower left corner. A typical photo will with medium quality will be under 100K saved as JPEG. I save these photos off to a folder called "reduced" and can post them easily. Example:

post-478-0-22562300-1422842933_thumb.jpg

This photo was 19.8 MB on camera and reduced to 103 kb.

Thanks everyone. I will try it. :)

TJ

TJ as stated above the file size is too big, I have that issue as well and I have to resize my pics to get them to upload.

• Like 1

Ok, so I will try and size them down but I have no faith in my ability. :lol: Thanks again everyone. :)

TJ

I guess I will just have to wait till my support tech gets here. I tried and somehow deleted pictures. :(

TJ

The post I read is in the trail cam section and is from 2006 but it says if you use an off site host such as photo bucket and link your pic. it will automatically resize it. Go to trail cams/videos pics of coues deer/posting pics to the website. It is pinned towards the top.

I cant believe that the CWT isnt more user friendly as far as posting pics goes. Ive been on a few hunts that I wanted to post on here, but if you use any quality type camera on your cell....you have to resize. And I do everything on my cell. Found an app for resizing but after many failed attempts, I gave up. One can only wonder how many computer illiterate jackwagons, like myself, have gave up posting any pics...which translates into everyone missing out.

CWT is actually one of the better sites for photos, especially if you are not a photo bucket user.

I use the site below to compress photos. Works from my phone as well. On optimization can save as new or overwrite the old.

http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx

Added some free range walmart chickens to this bad boy.

post-2940-0-31314300-1422966122_thumb.jpg

TJ,

Most likely if you are having trouble inserting photos into your post, then it's probably the internet browser you are using. The forum software sometimes has problems working with Internet Explorer. If you change to using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (which are free), then you will likely stop having trouble.

Also, there seems to be some confusion with several of you about file size. The max single file size is 64 MB, which is MEGABYTES not KB (Kilobytes). There are 1000 KB in 1 MB.....so TJ's file is very small at 254 KB. If you guys check the file sizes on any photos you have taken and I bet most are only 5 or 6 MB or much less. So the file max size is likely 10 times larger than anything you have on your computer or phone. File size shouldn't be an issue. Even if your camera takes pics that are 19 or 20 MB (as Coach posted above), that's still less than half the max file size.

But I still recommend people resize them because they will upload faster and also download for people to view faster. And of course uploading to photobucket is another option.

I cant believe that the CWT isnt more user friendly as far as posting pics goes. Ive been on a few hunts that I wanted to post on here, but if you use any quality type camera on your cell....you have to resize. And I do everything on my cell. Found an app for resizing but after many failed attempts, I gave up. One can only wonder how many computer illiterate jackwagons, like myself, have gave up posting any pics...which translates into everyone missing out.

I never have a problem posting photos from my phone.

• Like 1