desertmafia21

Ultralight sleeping bags????

What's everyone using for your backpacking trips? I'm looking for something affordable and small in size while still keeping me warm around the 30 degree mark. Opinions please....

I've used the Blue Kazoo from North Face for many years. Works well and quite light, Cat's Meow is good.

• Like 1

I bought several of these military sleeping bags off e bay and love em very light and warm !!!

post-3346-0-37301600-1423164877.jpg

• Like 1

I would look at REI ... I have used slumber jack 0 degree bags, but not any light weight options anymore out there ... Buddy of mine picked this one up at REI not to long ago and the price is lower now than when he got it .. great bag and under 3 lbs .... http://www.rei.com/product/879592/rei-lumen-sleeping-bag-long-special-buy#tab-specs

REI has a lot of options out there ... including lighter weight bag that are just as effective if you want to drop the $$$$

• Like 1

I picked up a 30 degree slumberjack at sportsman's that I have used down to 14 degrees 49.99 and it weighs under 3. I have a high dollar 3 lb 0 degree but its never cold enough. If its down to 0 degrees I take bivvy sack but still use my 30 degree slumberjack. If I was buying I would try a 20 degree around 2 lbs but they are pricey.

• Like 1

This company makes super light bags and quilts. They are great quality. We will have the 20 degree one at the Arizona Elk Society Banquet in the silent auction.

http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/

This^^^^^^^^

EE quilts are great! Super light and the ratings are very close. Get an xtherm pad and you are good to go! Check out rokslide.com for info on these. There are a bunch of hardcore guys that hunt in way nastier conditions than we have here and they are popular with them. I love mine. Good luck with your search.

• Like 1

This company makes super light bags and quilts. They are great quality. We will have the 20 degree one at the Arizona Elk Society Banquet in the silent auction.

http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/

This^^^^^^^^

EE quilts are great! Super light and the ratings are very close. Get an xtherm pad and you are good to go! Check out rokslide.com for info on these. There are a bunch of hardcore guys that hunt in way nastier conditions than we have here and they are popular with them. I love mine. Good luck with your search.

Can you show me a pic of what it looks like all folded or rolled up? Thanks

I put mine in a compression sack it gets to the size of a football maybe a little bigger. I would take a pic but a buddy is borrowing it right now. If you are a stomach sleeper or you move around a lot get the wide or even extra wide. I am 5'10 and 195 and the regular/wide works for me. I really like the flexibility a quilt has. No zippers, you can vent the bottom or cinch it up. I have a 20* bag and use it during early season as just a blanket. The xtherm pad is the secret to happiness it has an r value of 5.9 I think. Keeps you toasty and literally feels like sleeping on a warming pad!

• Like 1