Christian2

When do you start heading out?

I have a trip planned March 19-22 near the Tonto Creek hatchery. Already told the wife me and the guys have a few "hiking" trips planned.

What is more productive? Boots on the ground, or glassing?

Personally I would say that hiking is your best bet but that is just my preference. It's all up to what you want. Glassing can be good to though

How can we stop these knuckle heads from driving their OHV's off the roads basically anywhere they want? I see it every year in unit 1, and frankly I'm sick of it. I reported a couple of them last year and as far as I know, they, the FS, never even responded.

• Like 2

The US Forest Service told me last year they responded to someone's call on this issue but I did not hear the outcome

Glassing or boots on the ground....all depends on the terrain......some of the places we find antler there is no possible way to glass because it is so thick.....other areas glassing can produce but be prepared...are you going to go down there and get that antler that you glassed up.......... :(

I love looking for antler.....but quad tracks do get me riled as well......

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Here's a "brown on the ground!" Picked up 7 this wkd in ND!

I would love to find an eastern whitetail antler and a moose antler......but like they say if you don't play you can't win and I have never been antler hunting where I could find either......bucket list for me!!!

I bet in North Dakota those antlers are basically frozen and falling off :rolleyes: right next to a corn field no less....that is pretty cool.

I hike 5B, and I don't know why, but I'm always shocked at the number of quad and truck tracks I see offroad. Nothing more frustrating that working your tail off to get out off the road only to find others cheating... I always wonder how many they pick up before I get there.

• Like 3

Anytime I get out, quad tracks everywhere they shouldn't be. The guys with the stacks are usually quad guys. If your walking, head for the spots the quads can't get to. Fences are usually the best bet.

I know of a guy always bragging about his finds, walking miles...yet I know that I've seen him in March sometimes with his wife.... both on quads, following fences, and roaming.